Kings College - Malibu Residential Summer Center is based at the University of Pepperdine. The camp has all conditions for comfortable, safe stay and effective studying for international students. The summer camp is located in one of most picturesque places in California. From the windows of the Malibu Kings College opens a magnificent view over Pacific Ocean. Not far from the camp there is famous Los Angeles beach area. Also, from the language center it will not be difficult to get to important sights of Santa Monica, picturesque Beverly Hills and legendary Hollywood.
Short information. A medium-intensive English course for those wishing to improve their language for communication.
About the course. The program includes 15 hours of English per week. In the classroom, the emphasis is on the development of spoken language. Vocabulary and grammar students learn directly in the process of communication in a language environment.
Students age: 10 to 16.
Starting dates: 24.06; 1, 8, 15, 22 .07 (1 - 5 weeks).
Admission requirements: Beginner level of English.
Learning outcomes: gaining confidence in the conversation, expanding vocabulary, overcoming communicative Barriers.
Class size: 15 people.Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
The cost includes: studies, events, excursions, three meals a day, accommodation.
In the camp, students are accommodated in a residence on campus. They live in 2-bed rooms. Facilities are situated in the main building. Meals - full board. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the student's room. On excursion days there is packed lunch.
A rich extracurricular program includes sports, recreational activities. Students are offered volleyball, paintball, American football, baseball, swimming, mini Olympic games. Also, students can attend dance clubs, music, arts and crafts. Entertainment section of the program includes shows, parties, karaoke, discos, music, theatrical evenings. Excursions for students are organized for the whole day (at Disneyland, Santa Monica, Hollywood Walk, Universal Studios, etc.), for half a day (to the museums of the nearest cities, Griffith Park, to the Dodgers Stadium, to shopping malls, Beverly Hills ).
Lessons are held before lunch.
The Malibu camp has 832 acres of scenic territory, several buildings with ocean views, modern auditoriums, free Internet access, a cozy student café. Sports infrastructure is presented by fields for football, baseball, volleyball, lacrosse. In the camp there is also its own center of art and culture, the theater.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.