British International School Madinaty
Description of British International School Madinaty
- Location: Cairo, Egypt,
- Year of foundation: 2013,
- Number of students: about 300,
- Language of instruction: English, French
- Type: mixed.
The British International School Madinaty (BISM) is a school of international education that educates students on the British curriculum.
The institution, opened in 2013, is a success not only with local, but also with foreign schoolchildren - in the past few years, the number of foreign students has exceeded the number of Egyptians by more than 20%. The demand for education in BISM is based on an individual approach to each student, a set of additional classes for the development of personal qualities, as well as thanks to a variety of career development opportunities already in school years.
At all stages of education, serious attention is paid to the technical, communicative skills of students, their constant application in real life.
The pastoral team of the school cares about the well-being of students, parents and teachers, answering all sorts of questions and solving various situations. Each member of the team is available at any time for messages.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in British International School Madinaty
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school does not have equipped places to stay.
On campus there is a large canteen where students have the opportunity to buy full meals from fresh food, drinks and snacks. In the kitchen of the school there are experienced chefs who cook food according to a regularly changing menu. Meals are made from products that do not cause allergies and are safe for children with special medical and dietary needs.
Activities British International School Madinaty
BISM is committed to empowering and inspiring its high school students, which is why it provides a number of one-year career coaching programs, leadership development courses, self-confidence, and adaptability to different environments. High school students will be able to participate in the following activities:
- Internship programs,
- CIMUN (Cairo International Model United Nations),
- Participation on UniFrog platforms to exchange information and experience, gain access to online courses in the UK, Australia, the Middle East, the USA and other countries,
- Global Innovation Challenges course for the practice of entrepreneurial skills,
- Master classes and seminars of leading experts in business.
Students interested in sports and physical health can practice on campus under the guidance of experienced coaches:
Also in the school, special attention is paid to the development of modern skills in the STEM program. In additional classes, students will not only study mathematics, computer and natural sciences, but also acquire the skills of thinking, focusing and confidence in their knowledge. Students will work in teams on research projects, speak at scientific events, participate in presentations and competitions of national and international levels. This extracurricular program is available from Foundation Stage 2.
- BISM is a member of the Council of International Schools (CIS), British Schools in the Middle East (BSME),
- Accreditation of the World Academy of Sports (WAOS),
- Internship programs,
- Uniform with school emblem.
Facilities and equipment at British International School Madinaty
The school campus is located in the city of Madinati and covers an area of 37,000 square meters. m.
- Bright classrooms with projectors and interactive equipment,
- Scientific laboratories with materials and installations for projects and research,
- Dining room and cafeteria,
- Multifunctional sports hall,
- Music, art studios,
- Football, basketball and tennis fields,
- Outdoor and indoor playgrounds,
- Medical center with qualified specialists who provide first aid and tracking of chronic diseases of students,
- Conference hall
- Hall for events.
The school has buses that take students to the areas closest to the school and to the academic buildings. The application, which is intended for use by parents, helps to track the route of the car and its speed, to receive alerts about the whereabouts of the child.
Admission dates and extra charges
There are several semesters in the academic year:
- Autumn: September 18-December 15,
- Spring: January 8-April 13,
- Summer: April 24-June 26.
Between semesters, there are vacations and weekends in honor of the holidays. Before the start of the school year, parents have the opportunity to visit the campus to get acquainted with the infrastructure and teachers - such days usually take place a week before the start of education.
Most fees and charges are included in the program's annual fee. In addition, parents must purchase school uniforms, books and stationery.
The process of admission to BISM:
- Fill in the application forms,
- The admissions committee will contact applicants to accept the documents required for admission,
- Get the date of the evaluation interview and the entrance test,
- Pass the tests and wait for an invitation to study.
Payment for the program should be within two days from the date of receipt of the invitation for the first day of study.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Incoming foreign applicants must provide:
- Personal documents of the child and parents: passports and birth certificate, resident (non-tourist) visa, vaccination book,
- 8 passport-size photographs,
- School report for the last academic year,
- Statement of attendance from the previous school,
- A letter of good behavior from one of the employees of the previous institution.
Many documents must have the seal of the Ministry of Education of the country from which the future student came, as well as the Ministry in Egypt.
Scholarships British International School Madinaty
Active in learning, creativity and sports, the school provides annual scholarships to help cover the payment of the curriculum. BISM also implements an academic university awards program for graduates of British international schools.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about British International School Madinaty
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.