The British School – Al Rehab
Description of The British School – Al Rehab
- Location: Al Rehab, Egypt,
- Year of foundation: 2001,
- Number of students: about 1000,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
The British School – Al Rehab (TBS) is one of the oldest and most reputable British schools in Egypt, the only international school in Al Rehab. The teaching staff of the institution speaks three languages: Arabic, English and French, which facilitates the adaptation of students from different countries. The total number of students slightly exceeds 1000 people, and many of them - about 75% - come to study from far away.
Things to know about
TbS hosts various seminars for parents throughout the year to help them learn more about learning and how they can support their child. Weekly newsletters published on the site inform parents about educational and non-educational activities held on campus. Weekly morning coffee meetings are held every Thursday to provide parents with the opportunity to meet with educators and discuss learning challenges and Education.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in The British School – Al Rehab
Activities The British School – Al Rehab
On campus, there are studios of art and performing arts, music and dance, creating an opportunity for students to develop their interests and skills in creativity. Also in the school there is a large-scale sports section, in which boys of secondary classes are mainly engaged.
Throughout the year, a lot of events are held in the multi-purpose hall on different topics: celebrations of the New Year, Christmas, Mother's Day and others. Students participate in the organization, staging productions, acting as musicians and dancers, making scenery and costumes. In the curriculum of any of the school levels, much attention is paid to extracurricular development, with the help of which the interests of children become their full-fledged hobby, and often a career direction.
- School uniform,
- International school with a large number of foreign students,
- Small classes,
- The school is a member of the Rehab community, which provides exceptional opportunities for students.
Facilities and equipment at The British School – Al Rehab
The campus, which covers an area of just under 9,000 square meters and accommodates about 1,000 students, is located in Al Rehab. The grounds are equipped with a variety of classrooms, from dedicated classrooms and a medium-sized football pitch to a multi-purpose hall used for annual events. Through collaboration with the Rehab community, students have year-round access to the city's sports club with a dozen gyms, game halls, dance, yoga and gymnastics studios.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year begins in September and lasts 9-10 months depending on the class. Students attend classes in the morning on weekdays, high school students stay on campus almost until the evening, attending additional seminars. During the year, several weeks of holidays are provided in honor of international and national holidays.
The cost of the program includes almost all fees and contributions, but parents must prepare for education on their own: they will have to purchase school uniforms, some books and stationery.
The admission process consists of several stages:
- Filling in the interest form,
- Filling out an application for admission and sending to the admissions committee,
- Provision of required documents,
- Waiting for an invitation to meet and pass the entrance tests.
The results of the entrance examinations, if necessary, are announced within 24 hours.
It is necessary to pay for the education within two days after the official registration for the program.
Over the past few years, TBS graduates have enrolled in leading universities in countries such as the UK, Canada and the USA, Australia. Currently, the school is focused on preparing students for further studies at universities and colleges in France, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Spain.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Foreign applicants must provide:
- Original birth certificate,
- Copies of student passport and resident visa (not tourist) with a validity of at least 6 months,
- 8 recent passport-size photos of students,
- Copies of parents' passports,
- A copy of the vaccination book,
- Academic report from the previous school for the last academic year,
- Statement of attendance stamped from the previous school, starting from grade 1,
- A good behavior letter from a previous school (for grade 6 and older students),
- Certificate of attendance and the last school report from the previous school with the seal of the Ministry of Education of the country from which the student is transferred, as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Egypt,
- Letter of acceptance from the Education District.
Scholarships The British School – Al Rehab
The school provides three types of scholarships:
- Academic, performance-based,
- Joint: creativity, performing arts and sports,
- Academic University Awards for graduates of British international schools.
Also, parents of several students studying at TBS have the opportunity to get a discount on the tuition fees of one of their children.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about The British School – Al Rehab
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.