Description of Brandeis University
- Year of foundation: 1948
- Location: Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
- Age: from 18 years old
- Type of institution: university
- Language of instruction: English
- Form of study: full-time / online
- Type of housing: student residence / apartment rental.
Brandeis University is a private research university of America, which in its short history has acquired the prestigious status of an international institution and has been included in the TOP lists of the best universities in the country.
Brandeis University is a community of scientists and students united by their desire for knowledge and their transfer from generation to generation. University lecturers are leaders in their fields, they are passionate about teaching and mentoring: thanks to them, students are motivated to succeed and develop, are open to learning new information and passing difficult tests.
Brandeis University Schools and Colleges :
- School of Arts and Sciences (Undergraduate)
- Brandeis International Business School
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Heller School on Social Policy and Management
- School of Continuing Education Rabb.
Prestigious Institute Awards:
- 57th place in the list of the best colleges and universities of the United States according to the magazine The Forbes (2010)
- 37th place in the list of top universities of America, according to the U. S. News and World Report (2010)
- The 2nd place according to The Financial Time among the Master's programs in International Economics and Finance.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Brandeis University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Brandeis University is a huge campus located in the suburbs of Boston - the center of higher education and innovation. Brandeis University has 19 districts for living while studying with different housing options: from traditional dormitories to apartments. Depending on age, students live in different campuses of the university. The dormitories have a traditional layout: single, double and triple rooms with all amenities. The bedrooms are equipped with a single bed, desk, chair and chest of drawers for each student, a wardrobe or wardrobe. In every residential area there is a laundry, and wireless internet is available in all hostels.
Living in a university residence, students of the university receive invaluable life experience in an international student environment: young, promising, creative students of different nationalities live in one place - this is a unique chance to share experiences, expand their horizons and make new friends around the world.
- Availability of international student exchange programs
- Famous graduates - Nobel Prize laureates
- High rating
- Modern methods and methods of teaching
- Accreditation The Association of Schools and Colleges
- Accreditation of the Association to Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business
- Member of the Association of American Universities
- A large number of academic programs to choose from
- Equipped with the latest technology audiences and laboratories
- The ability to live in student dormitories
- A high percentage of graduate employment.
Facilities and equipment at Brandeis University
Brandeis University has more than 260 interest clubs and student-run organizations: cultural organizations, organizational groups, creative teams, religious and religious groups, sports and gaming clubs, student leadership groups, student newspapers and magazines, a television station and a radio station.
- Classrooms, laboratories
- post office
- The shops
- Recreation areas
- Event Spaces
- Theater for 249 seats
- Concert hall
- Modern Library
- Cafe Einstein Bros
- Office and student club
- Book Shop
- Sports fields and fields.
In his free time, many students prefer to engage in sports: professional training or sports group games.
Brandeis University offers to join sports clubs and sections: football, tennis, basketball, baseball, volleyball, golf, athletics, fencing, cross-country, rugby, rowing, lacros, squash and others.
Admission dates and extra charges
The average cost of education at Brandeis University is from $ 49,000 per year for the undergraduate program, and for a master's program from $ 35,000 per year.
The academic year consists of two semesters:
- August - December
- January - May.
Final exams are provided at the end of each semester.
Required budget for studying at Brandeis University :
Type of expense
Total: 73076 $
- Round trip flight
- Round trip
- Consular and visa fees
- Mandatory Medical Insurance
- Educational materials, textbooks, books
- Excursions, entertainment, pocket money
- Gym membership
- Travel expenses
- Additional English courses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to Brandeisky It is important for the university to start preparing documents in advance for the application: they must be translated into English and comply with the conditions of the institute. The institute has strict requirements for students: every year the administration receives thousands of applications for training, but only the best are received. The preparatory course is an advantage for foreign students.
List of required documents:
- Motivation letter
- Graduate Diploma
- Language Exam Results
- Documents confirming the financial condition of the student or his sponsors
- Medical certificates
- Thanks, awards, reviews.
Russian and foreign students can apply to the institute online or through an official representative of the university — this must be done a year before the start of their studies.
Scholarships Brandeis University
To cover the cost of studying at Brandeis University and living in the United States, each student has the right to apply for a degree or grant: to do this, you must apply for administration review.
Types of scholarships and grants available:
- Brandeis University Scholarships of Merit
- Brandeis National Fellowship of Merit
- Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship
- Giumette Academic Award
- Stroum Family Waltham Scholarship.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Brandeis University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.