* Bosphorus University
Description of Bosphorus University
- Established: 1863
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Rating: 512
- Language of instruction: English.
Bosphorus University (Boğaziçi University, BU) was founded in 1863 and is a higher educational institution in Turkey. About 11,000 students study at the university, 7% of whom are foreign citizens. BU is one of the top 5 universities in the country and is part of the network of educational institutions of the European University Association (EUA).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Bosphorus University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides its students with the opportunity to live in a residence of both mixed and separate types. The hostels are equipped with everything necessary for living and education.
The cost of living is 21 $ / month.
Activities Bosphorus University
The university provides ample opportunities for sports (aerobics, aikido, fencing, etc.)
In their free time, students can attend theatrical performances, philharmonic, and exhibitions.
The educational institution organized student interest clubs:
- Economics and management.
- Students can participate in scholarship programs of the university, which will reduce the tuition fee
- BU is included in the European exchange program Erasmus + and Global Exchange
- University students have the opportunity to undergo a 3-month internship in European companies under the Erasmus + Mobility program.
Facilities and equipment at Bosphorus University
The main campus of the institution is located in the prestigious area of Istanbul - Belek. The university infrastructure includes its own library, research centers, laboratories and an industrial park.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university is divided into semesters. Autumn semester begins in September, spring in February.
- Charge per appeal = $ 112
- The cost of living in Istanbul = $ 382 -764 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter BU, you must provide:
- A copy of the education certificate notarized and translated into Turkish / English
- SAT Reasoning Test exam results (65 points; math 35.5) / ÖSYS exam results (from 460 points)
- Certificate in English (TOEFL / IELTS / BUEPT)
- Official school grading sheet (transcription) with stamp and confirmation
- A statement of purpose in English (justification for choosing a specific program)
- Copy of passport
- A receipt for the payment of the application fee.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Bosphorus University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.