Bosphorus University (Boğaziçi University, BU) was founded in 1863 and is a higher educational institution in Turkey. About 11,000 students study at the university, 7% of whom are foreign citizens. BU is one of the top 5 universities in the country and is part of the network of educational institutions of the European University Association (EUA).
Bachelor's study programs are implemented at 4 faculties:
The university curriculum allows you to get a master's degree in art or science by choosing a program at one of the BU institutions:
The university provides its students with the opportunity to live in a residence of both mixed and separate types. The hostels are equipped with everything necessary for living and education.
The cost of living is 21 $ / month.
The university provides ample opportunities for sports (aerobics, aikido, fencing, etc.)
In their free time, students can attend theatrical performances, philharmonic, and exhibitions.
The educational institution organized student interest clubs:
The main campus of the institution is located in the prestigious area of Istanbul - Belek. The university infrastructure includes its own library, research centers, laboratories and an industrial park.
The academic year at the university is divided into semesters. Autumn semester begins in September, spring in February.
To enter BU, you must provide:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.