- Leading schools in Ireland for foreign students
- Education System in Ireland
- A bit about the prospects for elite secondary education in Ireland
- Brief information about the leading private schools in Ireland for foreign students
- How is the procedure for enrolling in top schools in Ireland organized?
- Tuition at the best schools in Ireland
- The main advantages of studying at top schools in Ireland
Leading schools in Ireland for foreign students
At the moment, enrolling in elite private or public schools, colleges of Ireland, foreign students are guaranteed the highest level of quality educational services. Thus, the level of secondary education in Ireland meets the high educational standards adopted in the UK, Switzerland and other countries, while the main specific feature of the leading Irish schools is the lower cost of education.
On the territory of Ireland for several centuries traditions have been formed in the field of education, which at the same time are combined with technological achievements in the educational field. Becoming a student of elite schools in Ireland, a foreign student undergoes studying, both in compulsory subjects and in the disciplines that he / she chose independently, taking into account individual interests and preferences.
Education System in Ireland
Upon reaching the age of 6, the child can enroll in an Irish elementary school. The educational process in elementary school continues until the student reaches 12 years of age. As part of the education, reading, writing, and math classes are provided, in addition, English or Irish is taught. Also, for the comprehensive development of students, classes are held in music, drawing, as well as sports.
Secondary school in Ireland is divided into two stages, namely junior and senior, are divided, in turn, is a transitional year:
- The target audience for studying at the junior high school stage is foreign students aged 12 to 15 years. The education provides for the teaching of 10 academic subjects. In addition, the walls of elite private boarding schools in Ireland provide for the study of additional disciplines. Upon completion of education, students receive a Junior Certificate.
- The transition year is an additional year between the two stages of the Irish high school, during which foreign students can decide on their future specialization and the direction of higher education.
- Ireland's high school lasts 3 years. Classes are held in 6 main academic subjects, knowledge of which is necessary for successful admission to ranking foreign universities. The target audience is foreign students aged 16 to 18 years. Upon completion of education, an exam is provided, in case of its successful writing, graduates are issued a certificate of complete secondary education Leaving Certificate.
A bit about the prospects for elite secondary education in Ireland
Having a certificate of complete secondary education of the Irish standard on hand, this document is quoted and recognized by ranking universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada, the USA, etc. So, upon graduation from the best schools in Ireland, the graduate successfully enters the top universities, both Ireland and other countries of the world.
Brief information about the leading private schools in Ireland for foreign students
In Ireland, foreign students can receive advanced secondary education in two types of educational institutions, namely:
- Public Schools - Admission is being conducted for both Irish and foreign students, which is a key feature of Ireland from other countries of the world. Students are accommodated in the host family or in the rented apartment, or with their parents.
- Elite private schools and colleges - are the best option for the predominant number of foreign students because of the organization of accommodation for the period of study in the school territory, in a comfortable hostel, as an alternative, accommodation in a host family is offered.
Experienced and professional educators are recruited to teach at ranked private schools and colleges in Ireland. Thus, a high level of quality of educational services, careful monitoring of the performance of all students is guaranteed. In addition, on a full board basis, balanced three meals a day are organized. Classes are held in small classrooms. Passing studying in the best private schools in Ireland, the foreign student is guaranteed the application of an individual approach to each student, thereby contributing to the harmonious development of the abilities and talents of each student.
Please note that if you are interested, you can study at the leading schools in Ireland, which practice a separate educational format. So, in such schools, either girls or only boys are admitted.
How is the procedure for enrolling in top schools in Ireland organized?
So, as part of the admission, a foreign student is required to prepare a package of documents that includes:
- Copy of your passport
- Report card with school marks for the last 2 years of study, while the share of excellent marks should be at least 40%
- International language certificate
- Letters of recommendation from teachers in English and mathematics, in some cases it is necessary to prepare a letter from the principal
- Student's letter of motivation, which describes the reasons for secondary education in the selected school in Ireland.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive; each school in Ireland may request other documents on an additional basis. In addition, to providing a list of documents, a foreign student needs to demonstrate a certain level of academic and linguistic knowledge. So, when enrolling, writing an entrance test in English or mathematics is provided.
Tuition at the best schools in Ireland
As noted below, the cost of secondary education in Ireland is lower compared with England , the United States and Switzerland. However, the lower cost of education does not influence on the effectiveness of the educational process and the quality of educational services. So, the cost of education per year varies from 10,000 to 15,000 €. If you are interested in studying in Dublin, the price of secondary education in a prestigious private boarding school will range from 9,000 to 14,000 €, taking into account accommodation, meals, educational materials and school uniforms. If you compare with the UK and Switzerland, then the price of a similar educational option will start at 15,000 € per year.
The main advantages of studying at top schools in Ireland
- More affordable tuition
- Gradual inclusion of specialization in the educational process. Thus, students select the list of disciplines for which knowledge is required when entering a prestigious university of interest abroad
- Comfortable living conditions and a high level of security stay in Ireland
- The widest list of academic subjects for study, the developed educational programs contribute to the comprehensive and harmonious development of students.