French schools are distinguished by the quality of educational services, as well as by the fact that they follow the most advanced methods in the field of pedagogy. Diplomas of French schools are accepted all over the world and are highly appreciated. Studying in France is a great opportunity to learn French and get acquainted with the rich culture and art of the country.
Main features of studying in French schools: the language of instruction, scholarships for international students
1. Curriculum for foreign students in private schools
In France, a large number of private schools of two types are open:
- Contract schools - these educational institutions adhere to the national educational plan and are partially funded by the state. Students can choose the type of certificate: French BAC or International OBI
- Free, or independent schools - offer education according to their own academic programs focused on the English or American model: GCSE, A-level, IB. For those who wish to study at a French university the program of the French International Baccalaureate is most suitable.
2. French educational system
- Primary school - primary school program is designed for 5 years, during which children are introduced to a wide range of disciplines
- Secondary school - is called a college, in which children learn four more classes. The first class of secondary school is adaptive, the second and third involve the study of a large number of subjects, and in the fourth year of schooling the student must decide the question with his future profession. Diploma of secondary school - Diplôme National du Brevet - schoolchildren receive after passing exams successfully
- The lyceum of general education or professional education is the next stage of education in France.
3. Language of instruction: in contract schools, the national educational part is often conducted in French, and some of the subjects in a foreign language (usually in English). In independent schools, courses usually take place in English, so it is worth considering that the main condition for admission is high language proficiency.
Boarding Schools in France
- Ecole des Roches is a prestigious international boarding school, which has an impeccable reputation for preparing students for admission to universities. The educational institution is included in the TOP-20 schools of the country and is an elite school in which children from aristocratic families study. The cost of studying will be from 12,200 € per term.
- Ecole de Tersac is a popular private school that is located in the countryside and is famous for its high-quality classical secondary education. The school is very developed in various sports directions. The cost of education will be from 24900 € per year.
- Ermitage School is one of the best educational institutions in Paris, whose students study in the bilingual system and attend classes in both French and English. Especially it is necessary to allocate a diverse extra-curricular program. The cost of studying will be from 8000 € per term.
- Notre Dame International High School offers leading programs focused on the French or American education system - the school teaches teachers from both countries. This makes it possible to prepare for admission to the universities in the United States and France. The cost of studying will be from 12,000 € per term.
- Lycée Bourg Chevreau St. Anne is a closed boarding school located in the western part of France. The school has developed quality and full-fledged training programs, where foreign students study on a par with French schoolchildren. The cost of studying will be from 7600 € per term.
- Lycée Sainte Marie is one of the TOP educational institutions in France, located in the large and lively city of Cholet. Here, as a rule, children from the middle class are trained, foreigners study with French schoolchildren. The cost of studying will be from 8450 € per term.
Admission conditions and tuition fees
- According to the recommendations and feedback received by students in schools in France, it is advisable to apply for the year to the selected school and the package of documents: a certificate of passing the language exam ( IELTS / TOEFL , DALF / TCF), an assessment for 2-3 years, medical certificate, history inoculations.
- The cost of secondary education in French schools: public schools are considered the most budgetary option (assuming payment only for accommodation in a boarding house of about 10,000 €), and the most expensive are private boarding schools with international programs - the cost will be from 25,000 € and above.