The American Business School of Paris
Description of The American Business School of Paris
- Established year: 1985
- Location: Paris, France
- Age of students: from 21 years
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: private business school.
The American Business School in Paris supports its students in their professional development focused on international careers. The programs of the American Business School of the IGS Group are accredited by IACBE and recognized in France. Teaching is based on American pedagogy: flexibility, interaction and encouragement of students.
At the end of the course, students receive two diplomas: an American diploma accredited in the United States, and a French one, certified and accredited by French government agencies.
Each year, students take a course of seminars collected within the framework of the "Career Growth Program", created in partnership with PIMP MY CAREER , a group of HR experts, gain skills in recruitment, professional integration, knowledge in the field of the labor market and new hiring methods.
Designed to enhance students' professionalism as they progress in their studies and develop self-confidence, the program aims to prepare students for working life and getting the job they want after graduation.
Faculties and colleges
Teaching at ABS PARIS is divided into 8 study areas:
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Economics
- Fashion and Luxury Management Department
- Finance Department
- Humanities Department
- Management Department
- Marketing Department
- Department of Mathematics.
- MOCI (Moniteur de Commerce International) has awarded the school 6th place for its bachelor's degree program in fashion and luxury retail management in 2020.
- The MBA in Entrepreneurship and International Business Development and the MBA in Communications Project Management were recognized by MOCI as the 3rd and 5th best MBA in 2020, respectively.
- The BBA of the American Business School in Paris is ranked 3rd among the best BBA business schools in France in the MOCI 2020 list.
- In its 9th edition of the list of the best diplomas in the field of international trade education, Le MOCI magazine ranked the MBA program in 2nd place among the best in France.
- In the 2019 list, Le MOCI magazine named the international BBA the third best in France.
Things to know about
ABS Paris took part in the Happy at School rating, an impartial and independent rating that allows students to speak honestly about their educational institution, and took 5th place in the category of specialized schools.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in The American Business School of Paris
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students rent their own housing. The school cooperates with several companies to select options:
- My Studapart, the benchmark of online platforms for student accommodation, offers more than 120,000 options.
- "Adele" offers more than 900 hostels in France.
- Nexity Studéa will help you in finding student accommodation with lots of services (laundry, cleaning services, breakfasts, etc.).
Activities The American Business School of Paris
Students participate in many activities of the IGS group: parties, trips, sports competitions and cultural events.
The American Business School in Paris encourages its students to participate in the associative activities offered within the IGS Group. This is an opportunity for students to step up their student life on the Parodi campus. Club life and sport are part of ABS Paris throughout the academic course. These associations allow students to gain rich experience, develop their leadership and organizational skills.
CIS, the "Council of Foreign Students", brings together ABS Paris students of different cultures to organize events together (Valentine's Day, Christmas Dinner, Culture Day, integration evenings, etc.). These activities promote the integration of students, especially foreign ones, create a strong school spirit, allow student organizers to develop a sense of responsibility and autonomy.
The public relations team consists of 15 students from all ABS Paris programs, who act as school ambassadors during fairs and school visits. These missions allow them to develop skills and foster a sense of belonging to school.
Highlights of the year:
- Integration Day at Asterix Park
- Valentine's Day
- Graduation ceremony.
Students are engaged in team sports under the supervision of coaches:
- Basketball (men's/women's team)
- Volleyball (men's team/women's team)
Basketball and football sports teams are very well established in the inter-university division of Ile-de-France.
The American Business School of Paris combines the best of the American educational system combined with the best French practices to offer students a unique course dedicated to future professional integration. The American Business School in Paris is:
- A study that immerses you in international culture immediately after earning a bachelor's degree.
- Multicultural school attended by French + 70% of international students (a community of 80 nationalities).
- American diplomas bac+ 4 and bac + 5 are recognized in France and around the world.
- 4-year course + 1 to 4 semesters of study abroad and 12 months of internship in France or abroad.
- Semesters of study in the United States (enrich education and allow you to acquire double specialization).
- The flexibility of the American educational system allows you to develop at your own pace.
- 100% of the english courses allow you to become a truly bilingual specialist: 25% of students master 3 languages or more.
- ABS Paris offers a unique offer of study in France: all courses are focused on international trade, but also include wider skills, in particular: management, marketing, communication.
- ABS Paris issues diplomas that are highly demanded in the labor market, opening access to rapid professional integration.
- ABS Paris produces students open to international careers.
- The educational institution constantly improves the quality of teaching, instills in students the values of respect for diversity, tolerance, a sense of social responsibility.
- The School encourages students to observe ethical principles when making personal and professional decisions.
- The ABS Paris community, made up of students, alumni, faculty, administrative team and partners, is a unique environment to immerse and experience the international and intercultural world in the heart of Paris.
- A network of alumni in more than 70 different countries, a double degree and high qualifications open up new opportunities for an international career.
Facilities and equipment at The American Business School of Paris
One campus unites more than 10 schools and 3,000 students. The modern campus, located near the Canal Saint-Martin, occupies 16,000 m² dedicated to learning and teaching. The campus has all the necessary amenities:
- 600 computers
- Lecture halls and classrooms
- Internet access and Wi-Fi network.
IGS Group offers its students a sports campus in Ermont-Eaubonne (25 minutes from Paris) in partnership with CDFAS.
Students have access to sports facilities for sports such as:
Admission dates and extra charges
The school offers 3 enrolments per year: in September, January and May for students who want to reorient themselves throughout the year.
- Administrative registration fee – 320€
- Student life fee – 90€
- Textbooks – approx. 300€/semester
- The cost of outbound study abroad is 1200 €/semester.
Every year, the team of the American Business School in Paris and its students are ready to answer all your questions during fairs and open days. The school also offers you to test your courses during SADWUS classes.
You can apply online:
- You can fill out the file multiple times and return to it at any time without losing data.
- No postage or printout of accompanying documents is required.
- The application is immediately sent to the admissions office.
An MBA is a long-term investment: thanks to this prestigious degree, you will be able to access a variety of professional opportunities in positions of responsibility with a very attractive salary. Abs Paris graduates receive an average salary of €42,000 per year after completing 3 years of study (source: ABS Paris 2020 certificate, graduates from 2015 to 2019).
ABS Paris programs are internationally oriented, with more than 70% of students having international experience. For example, recent graduates of the Bachelor's degree in Sports Management at the American Business School in Paris work for large multinational companies in France or abroad.
The Department of Business Relations supports ABS PARIS students throughout their studies to help them build their professional project and guide them in their search for internships, part-time jobs and first jobs. In addition to personalized coaching sessions, every year students take a course of master classes, have the opportunity to attend corporate talks and conferences with professionals and experts in the field of recruitment, communication and digital technologies to build their project and their professional portfolio. Having learned to identify their skills and strengths, they use powerful tools to succeed in interviews: resume, email and cover letter, presentation, Linkedin profile.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to BBA
Students with a high school diploma or international equivalent are admitted to the first year of the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program. You can enroll in the BBA program both in September and in January.
An applicant can enroll in a Bachelor of Business Administration degree after one or two years of undergraduate studies.
The American Business School in Paris counts equivalent subjects that have already been successfully completed as part of a university program.
Admission to the MBA
After three to four years of undergraduate studies, an applicant can apply for an MBA degree in one of the 5 areas offered. Master's candidates can join the program either in the first year or immediately in the second, depending on their profile.
- Admission to the 1st year: students who have successfully completed 3 years of study in the bachelor's degree, European bachelor's degree, bachelor's degree in business and management or any other subject.
- Year 2 Admissions: Students with an American Bachelor of Business Administration degree or a four-year bachelor's degree from a higher education institution.
Destinations MBA ABS Paris
- Entrepreneurship and international business development,
- Communications and project management.
Scholarships The American Business School of Paris
ABS Paris awards scholarships for outstanding achievement (or merit) to candidates with high potential.
The institution offers a wide range of so-called categorical scholarships as a means of financing an MBA. They are intended for candidates who meet specific criteria: nationality, gender (some scholarships are intended for women), sports performance.
Almost 40% of students in France have a student job – this is one of the most popular ways to finance an MBA. By working in parallel with your studies, you receive a salary that can help you pay for your studies and daily expenses. It also allows you to gain your first professional experience, which is an important advantage for future employment!
Any internship lasting more than 2 months in France is necessarily paid. In addition to being able to discover the world of business and put new knowledge into practice, these internships will also provide an opportunity to generate a source of income and help with MBA financing.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about The American Business School of Paris
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.