Ardingly College Summer School
Description of Ardingly College Summer School
- Location: Ardingley, Sussex, United Kingdom
- Students age: 12-17 years,
- Total number of students: 170 people
- Minimum course duration: 1 week
- Language of instruction: English.
Ardingly College Summer School is a great opportunity to spend the summer in Britain with pleasure and benefit! This summer camp, located on the territory of one of the best schools in the United Kingdom, will offer students excellent infrastructure, experienced and caring staff, native speakers, balanced programs and a sea of extracurricular opportunities, entertainment, trips.
Important advantages of the Ardingly College summer camp:
- The staff-to-student ratio is 1:15 off-campus and 1:20 on-campus,
- All employees are vetted and approved by the county police, are allowed to work with children, have relevant experience and qualifications (CELTA or equivalent),
- One-on-one mentoring,
- Before the start of classes, all children undergo distribution testing and fall into a group with students of approximately the same level of knowledge (and about the same age),
- No more than 15 people are engaged in the class, groups are formed as internationally as possible,
- Each is given a final certificate of success and achievement.
From which countries do people most often come to Ardingly College Summer School:
- South Korea.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ardingly College Summer School
Accommodation, meals, prices
All participants of the summer camp are located in a common cozy residence, in rooms for 1-2 people (bathrooms are shared, on each floor, 1 for 10 people): the rooms are equipped with beds, wardrobes, a chest of drawers and tables for classes. Each house has lounges for relaxation, free laundry and fast Wi-Fi; Bed linen and weekly cleaning services are provided. The campus team is available 24/7 to help children in all situations.
Meals are provided in a bright, cozy school cafeteria three times a day in a buffet format, and there is also a café on campus. Sample menu:
- Breakfast: continental - cereals and other breakfast cereals, toast, juices and fruits,
- Lunch: at least two main course options (including vegetarian), soups, pasta, baked potatoes, salad bar and fresh fruit,
- Dinner: two options for the main course (one is necessarily vegetarian), salad bar, fresh fruit, desserts.
If your child has certain food recommendations or prohibitions, please inform the management before arrival, when booking the course, and the diet will be adapted personally.
Activities Ardingly College Summer School
Extracurricular activities are the most important element of vacation programs: they help you learn a lot of new things (including practicing English in real life situations), and spend time with fun and pleasure. What do children offer to do at Ardingly College Summer School:
- Sports games on campus: basketball, football, tennis (there are indoor and outdoor courts, so accessibility is in any season and weather),
- Active team games,
- Arts & Crafts,
- Drama Club,
- "Treasure Hunt" game,
- Discos, dance battles,
- Music lessons,
- Talent show,
- Quizzes, quizzes.
Among the excursions:
- A walk through London and its main attractions, museums – "Royal Tour",
- Walks for a few hours in Chichester and Lewis, to the cliffs of the "Seven Sisters",
- A trip to Brighton: the Royal Pavilion, Brighton Pier and other attractions, holidays on the coast,
- A trip to Eastbourne,
- A visit to Oxford, including the legendary University of Oxford,
- Additional excursions: Stratford-upon-Avon, Salisbury and Stonehenge, Warwick Castle.
Facilities and equipment at Ardingly College Summer School
The campus has prepared everything that children may need for study, entertainment and outdoor activities, including:
- Tennis courts (6 courts, including 2 all-weather),
- Sports center, fields and grounds for sports and active team games,
- Dance studios,
- Wi-Fi throughout,
- Cozy natural areas in the fresh air.
Distance to major airports:
- Gatwick = 21 km,
- Heathrow = 77 km,
- Luton = 130 km.
Admission dates and extra charges
- registration fee=55 £
- medical insurance=9 £ (per week)
- kosher diet=35 £ (per week)
- UM Service=120 £
- Damage deposit=60 £ (refundable)
- travel cards=25 £ (per week)
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Ardingly College Summer School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.