Ara institute of Canterbury
Description of Ara institute of Canterbury
- Established: 2016
- Location: Canterbury, New Zealand
- Number of students: 9000
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: state.
Ara Institute of Canterbury was founded in 2016 through the merger of Christchurch Polytechnic and Technology Institute and Aoraky Politechnik. Ara specializes in the provision of applied education and bears the status of technology.
Ara is one of the largest technology institutes in New Zealand with five campuses and a choice of more than 150 specialties. Together with American universities, the Ara Institute of Canterbury provides two American Diploma programs.
In addition to the main programs, the university offers short-term courses for everyone:
- Digital Communications for Beginners
- Effective Anger Management for Women
- New Electrical Rules, Laws, and Standards
- Practical electrical safety
- Food microbiology
- Making furniture as a hobby
- Short course of preparation for childbirth
- Grammar Maori
- Self Confidence and Assertive Communication
- Maintenance of electrical appliances
- Photoshop for beginners
- Self esteem for women
- English. Intense
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ara institute of Canterbury
- Strong teaching staff
- A small number of students and small study groups
- Possibility of obtaining an American education in New Zealand
- Double Degree Program
- Campuses located in the picturesque places of the island
- Participation in international exchange programs
- Training of demanded specialists
- High level of academic training.
Facilities and equipment at Ara institute of Canterbury
All 5 university campuses are modern buildings built in the 21st century. Campuses are divided into faculties and training programs. The classrooms are equipped with computer, interactive and multimedia equipment, a library, a sports hall, cafeterias and shops are working.
The university hostel offers rooms furnished and equipped with everything necessary for living.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Certificate of general secondary education with certified translation
- Certificate of English proficiency at the required level
- Motivation letter.
Some specialties involve passing entrance exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Ara institute of Canterbury
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.