The prestigious Vancouver Film School (VFS) offers students from all over the world a balanced animation and conceptual art curriculum: the institution is already named the best in Canada plus ranked second in the world among profile universities (according to the Animation Career Review version). The profession of an animator and specialist in the field of concept art is modern, promising and very profitable, and training along with internships in Vancouver, the heart of "North Hollywood", will help you to make sure of this!
A one-year educational courseware for students who want to work in the film and TV industry, as well as video games and e-sports. Every day will be full of interesting, useful practical and theoretical studies under the guidance of recognized professionals:
- artistic skills
- mastery of visualization
- creation and development of common concepts
- skills of creating a spectacular portfolio
- development of critical thinking and research skills
- studying the history of animation and classical works
- transformation of words, ideas, thoughts into a graphic visual series
- work with professional applications, tools and software: Adobe Premiere, Zbrush, WACO Cintiq, Adobe Photoshop, Toonmoom Harmony, Sketchbook Pro and others.
Classes are held on the basis of a huge innovative studio complex VHS, ideally equipped to create projects of any complexity (the study is based on individual Cintiq tablets). Since the year 02015 she has been directing the animation and concept art course of Vanessa Jacobsen: she is able to motivate students to new heights, and to instill in teachers a love for their art and creativity, a desire for constant self-improvement, a desire to transfer experience and knowledge to young specialists. In addition, the reputation of Vanessa Jacobsen will help students easily find a place for internships or employment - she maintains partnerships with representatives of the world's best corporations, oversees the unique VFS vacancy fair available to every graduate.
Students of this course can successfully realize their talents in several directions and specialties:
- Artist by color
- Character Designer
- Designer Background
- Art Director
- Designer for style development
- Animal / machine / decor designer, etc.
Information for the entrants:
- Duration: 1 year (1038 hours)
- Start dates: March, June, October (exact dates you can get from your manager)
- At least 10 major events during training
- For graduates - prestigious diploma ("Animation and conceptual design") + professional portfolio + access to the VFS vacancy fair.
A one-year course is suitable for students, even with basic skills and knowledge, serious preliminary training is not required. However, it will be useful to prepare a personal portfolio (up to 12 works): sketches of scenes and characters, drawings from nature, samples of computer graphics (Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.), still lifes.