Albemarle Independent College
Description of Albemarle Independent College
- Location: London, England
- Number of students: about 130
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: mixed.
AlbemarleIndependentCollegeis an award-winning independent college forSixthForm students from public and private schools, offering extensiveA-LevelandGCSE programs in science, computer science and mathematics, business and humanities, languages, arts and literature.
The institution has two goals – to help students succeed in exams and to provide them with a basis for further development, including career guidance and internships. Each student atAlbermarlehas a personal tutor who monitors his progress and helps them complete academic tasks. Mentors also provide assistance in the direction of future careers.
The college is famous for its excellentA-Level results: all full-time students achieve 100% of the passing score, receiving an average of 88% A*-B grades.
Students are provided with a complete set of notes for each subject, and homework is set at the end of each lesson. Students must complete all assignments on time, employees monitor all coursework.
The assessment program includes weekly tests for each subject and formal mock exams once a month. Experience shows that regular testing is important to improve the effectiveness of exams. Students who do not cope well with the learning material are assigned supervised sessions and receive additional assistance. They are also taught self-education skills and exam techniques, and their personal tutor gives advice on how to improve their scores.
Formal reports are compiled each month and are available online on the college's website, and parents and students can also view previous reports for comparison.
Parent Evenings are held during the fall and spring periods, when parents can discuss a student's progress with their teachers and principal. During half-semesters, students receive material to review. The college offers special courses to improve essay writing and numeracy skills.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Albemarle Independent College
Accommodation, meals, prices
Albemarle has partnerships with a number of organisations providing student accommodation. A wide range of rooms, suites, flats and suites will allow each student to find a suitable place to stay. Basically, residential complexes differ in the age of residents, rental costs, availability of food and proximity to educational buildings.
Students under the age of 18 can only live independently if they live with a guardian from Britain. If there are no relatives in the country, students are offered host families for at least one semester, who provide half board with breakfast and dinner.
Students over the age of 18 can choose from three options:
- Host family,
- Student residence,
- Rent a house or apartment.
There are many organizations to choose from. Some of the popular with a price for accommodation in single, double rooms:
- Sandeman Allen House Hostel: 167-220£,
- Lero Property: 250-650£,
- Chapter Living Spitalfields: 289-380£,
- Chapter Living White City: 244-350£,
- Hosts International: 145-250£,
- The Curve, Whitechapel: 254£,
- Leinster House, Bayswater: 109, 50£.
Activities Albemarle Independent College
The institution's extracurricular program, aimed at enriching and developing students, allows them to choose their favorite thing from a wide range of extracurricular and recreational activities. Students have the opportunity to take part in a music or film club, a photographers' association, a college magazine, a student council, a variety of cultural trips, and social events.
The most active of the student clubs are:
- Music Club
Thanks to cooperation with local organizations, such as the London School of Modern Piano, students can take individual lessons in playing musical instruments.
- Photography and Film Club
Students watch films of different genres and in different languages together, participate in the creation of short films and cartoons. Photographers lead street, studio photo shoots together with professionals.
- College Media Magazine
Every year students publish hundreds of articles, photo reports, puzzles, quests and jokes.
- Student Council
This group is focused on harmonious communication between students and college staff. Also, the guys are engaged in events and parties and manage grocery stores on the education grounds.
- Cultural trips
In the spring, all students participate in a week-long journey to European cities and capitals. Students devote the whole week to entertainment: bicycle tours, cooking courses for cooking pizza and ice cream in Italy, tango lessons in Spain, sightseeing and much more.
- Mathematical command
This competition is dedicated to various mathematical problems and the development of teamwork skills. Every year, the Albemarle team is a leader among local colleges.
Each week of the college is marked by a sports competition – students compete in team and individual directions, each time proving the superiority of the college and its sports curriculum. Sports activities include football, tennis, swimming, volleyball and basketball, badminton, aerobics and the gym.
- Excellent results of final exams over the past ten years: A*-B scores for more than 80% of graduates.
- Individual support from mentors on all issues.
- Teaching staff with many years of experience, including as examiners.
- Cooperation with leading universities in the UK: Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, Nottingham and others. Through the partnership, college students have the opportunity to receive university scholarships.
Facilities and equipment at Albemarle Independent College
The college campus is located in central London, making it easily accessible and close to the attractions of city life. School buildings are adjacent to Park Lane in Mayfair, Hyde Park and Marble Arch Tube Station. Students have the opportunity to use the resources of the British Library, visit museums, participate in social events and explore the cuisines of different parts of the world in restaurants, cafes and nightclubs.
Education can be considered really effective and exciting, because many different rooms are equipped for the process: lecture classes, laboratories, halls for self-education and extracurricular circles, sports departments and much more. Students can use the entire campus infrastructure during weekdays.
Admission dates and extra charges
Classes are held from September to mid-summer. The schedule includes five education days from 9:00 to 17:00. Each lesson lasts 50 minutes, there are breaks between them. Individual and additional lessons are held on Saturdays.
- Supplement to the international fee – £3000 per year,
- Registration fee – 250£,
- Use of subject laboratories – £500 per year per item,
- Materials for art, photography – £ 500 per subject annually,
- Deposit – £ 1250 before the start of the semester,
- Accommodation, meals,
- Public transport, leisure activities off campus.
To enter the college, you must fill out a questionnaire on the official website. After receiving a response from the admissions committee, all applicants undergo a personal interview with the director, following which enrollment takes place.
In the 2021 academic year, students of the one-year A-Level program received places at many leading universities in the UK, including Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, London School of Economics, Warwick, Edinburgh, Bristol and Durham.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to Albemarle Independent College, applicants must provide:
- Certificate of the last passed stage of schooling, scorecard,
- Personal documents: foreign passport, medical insurance, student visa, etc.,
- The results of the English language test: TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, etc. If the language knowledge does not reach the required minimum, the applicant can enroll in EFL courses.
Scholarships Albemarle Independent College
Albemarle has partnerships with a number of leading uk universities. Students are selected for scholarships at Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, Imperial and Nottingham universities by co-heads James Aitle and Beverly Mellon.
Many students are provided with full or partial scholarships in a variety of degree programs, including economics, engineering, business, computer science, accounting, mathematics, and medical sciences.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Albemarle Independent College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.