Abacus Institute Of Studies
Description of Abacus Institute Of Studies
- Location: Auckland, Christchurch, New Zealand
- Number of students: 2000
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of institution: private university.
Abacus University is a private higher education institution with two campuses: in Auckland and Christchurch. The management made an educational plan so that students had time not only for study, but also for leisure - a fully balanced student life.
The main goal of the university is to provide a holistic approach to education. School management acknowledges that some important lessons that students will receive will be held outside the classrooms of the Abacus Research Institute. Abacus employees urge you to think of the campus as your home, where students live in a safe and exciting atmosphere.
After graduation, Abacus Institute graduates are encouraged to remember their alma mater. For this, regular meetings are held: former students gather, share achievements, communicate with each other and teachers.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Abacus Institute Of Studies
Accommodation, meals, prices
Dormitories are located on both campuses, providing a place for all students in need. Practiced single, double and triple occupancy. Each room is equipped with furniture, air conditioning, pantries, Internet access, laundries, kitchens, sanitary facilities.
Students eat in cafeterias and canteens, in the hostel they can cook their own meals.
- 85% of graduates receive job offers within 3 months after graduation
- Among teachers - representatives of different countries
- Programs are designed to strike a balance between theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
- Geographically advantageous campus location
- The work of the Student Support Service, whose employees are native speakers of foreign languages: English, Japanese, Chinese, Hindi, German, Arabic, etc.
- Individual approach to each student
- Among the students there are representatives of Algeria, Brazil, China, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, India, Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, Japan, Korea, etc.
- Students are completely safe: 24-hour video surveillance is conducted on the campus.
Facilities and equipment at Abacus Institute Of Studies
New Zealand is the safest and least corrupt country in the world. It is characterized by low population density: the total number of inhabitants is only 4 million. Campuses are located in Auckland and Christchurch. Within walking distance from the educational building there are cafes, shops, theaters, places of recreation.
Christchurch Campus is located in the downtown area. The University Library has an extensive collection of books, magazines, newspapers, audio and video, CD / DVD, which play an important role in the academic development of students. The proximity to the Christchurch City Library is another great advantage, as it provides easy access to a wide range of information and facilitates learning in a cozy environment.
All classrooms are furnished, equipped with computer equipment, most of them are projectors and interactive whiteboards. Air conditioning is installed, students get access to high-speed Internet. On the floors there are rest rooms and self-study rooms.
Admission dates and extra charges
You can start studying at the Abacus Institute year-round. Additional costs include paying the registration fee when submitting documents.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Age of students - over 18 years old
- Motivation letter
- Cdrtificate of completed secondary education
- IELTS 6.5+ certificate.
If a foreign student has an English proficiency lower than required, he will be offered language courses at the university, which are accepted even with minimal language knowledge.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Abacus Institute Of Studies
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.