Woldingham School Summer (Discovery Summer)
Description of Woldingham School Summer (Discovery Summer)
- Year of foundation: 1842
- Location: Suburb of London, UK
- Age: 8-13 years
- Type of institution: summer school
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of program: joint.
Woldingham School is a picturesque area not far from London, where there is everything you need for a fun and fruitful educational vacation. A distinctive feature of the summer school is the joint pastime of foreign students with students from English schools: such classes help to get used to the language environment and quickly learn spoken English. Language skills are taught to students in lessons and workshops that involve a variety of creative activities, during which students communicate in English. At the end of the course, students receive a report on their progress, a certificate and memorable photos.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Woldingham School Summer (Discovery Summer)
Accommodation, meals, prices
A cozy secluded school surrounded by parks and gardens is the most suitable place for students who were away from home for the first time: here they will get the most positive experience of outdoor vacations, being among talented peers from different countries. When settling in rooms, of course, the linguistic group of the young guest + young men is taken into account separately from the girls. You can settle in single rooms of the Berwick House residence or in double or quadruple rooms at Marden House.
Day and night, guests of the Woldingham School can contact the school staff for any questions personally or by calling a special phone.
Three meals a day include English and international cuisine. For guests of the school there is a swimming pool, recreation rooms with TV, DVD and table football.
Activities Woldingham School Summer (Discovery Summer)
Twice a week you can learn tennis and horseback riding - however, this is not included in the original cost of the voucher. Daily classes may include, depending on the student’s choice:
At the end of the school day, students are waiting for discos, film shows, bowling, friendship evenings of the peoples, quests, karaoke, drama circle. As part of full-day excursions once a week, students visit amusement parks and cultural monuments of London, Brighton, a shopping center, a theater, a skating rink.
- Small groups of 8-14 people
- Sports and cultural events every day
- Excursion program
- Immersion in the language environment
- Round-the-clock support by school staff.
Facilities and equipment at Woldingham School Summer (Discovery Summer)
- Sports Complex
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pool
- Tennis courts
- Sports facilities
- Assembly hall / cinema
- Center for Contemporary Art
- Internet access in each residence.
Admission dates and extra charges
Dates of races
2 weeks: July 10 - 24, July 24 - August 7
4 weeks: July 10 - August 7
- Visa and consular fees of the embassy
- Medical insurance
- Individual meeting or seeing off at Heathrow Airport - £ 140
- Extra classes: tennis - £ 90, horseback riding - £ 130 per week
- Trinity Examination - £ 5
- Flight from Moscow to London and back.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Woldingham School Summer (Discovery Summer)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.