Winchester School – Fujairah
Description of Winchester School – Fujairah
- Year of foundation: 2016,
- Location: Fujairah, UAE,
- Age of students: 4-18,
- Number of students: 1000+,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type of study: private day school.
WSF is an inclusive school open to children with different learning preferences and needs. Classes are held in English. It was opened in 2016 in order to meet the needs of the local community of Fujairah for high-quality education based on a combination of international principles, experience and Arab traditions.
The school managed to create a child-oriented environment, while maintaining the authentic format of an English school abroad.
The school is accredited by:
- As an approved examination center of the Pearson World Class Qualifications Program, offering International GCSE (IG), GCSE, International Advanced level (IAL) and GCE A level;
- Cambridge International's approved examination centre.
In addition, the WSF has received prestigious awards:
- Advocate by GL Education (the only school in the UAE);
- Bronze Award eduCCate Global.
The school celebrates the linguistic, ethnic and cultural diversity of the community, conducts additional classes in English and other languages. It is believed that knowledge of any language, cultural and ethnic traditions is a competitive advantage that allows you to develop the competencies of the XXI century.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Winchester School – Fujairah
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school does not offer a hostel and does not deal with the issues of accommodation of students, this issue the families of applicants will have to solve on their own.
For transfer to the school and back, a paid network of bus routes is organized, covering the most important settlements of the emirate.
Activities Winchester School – Fujairah
Along with the academic load, students of the school can realize themselves in a variety of extracurricular activities - from electives and circles to excursion trips and several dozen sports.
- Education of leadership qualities, based on a combination of traditions of Arabic and English schools;
- Compliance with the values of sustainable development;
- Values of globalism and internationalism.
Facilities and equipment at Winchester School – Fujairah
The campus offers excellent facilities that match the level of modern international schools and are ideal for students. The campus is designed specifically to accommodate a modern school and takes into account the needs of all students - from the kindergarten, which has rooms on the first floor, to modern laboratories for scientific classes on the third (the equipment allows you to conduct university-level experiments).
Among the available objects are:
- modern, spacious and equipped with the latest technology classrooms with high-speed Internet connection,
- three modern innovation laboratories with the latest educational technologies, such as virtual reality and robotics.
- multi-purpose auditorium,
- specialized art studios,
- music classes,
- 2 libraries (with an extensive collection of literature for all ages),
- medical center with a full-time doctor and nurse,
- Dining room
- additional dining room for girls,
- café for parents,
- shop of textbooks and school supplies,
- several outdoor and shaded children's playgrounds and sports grounds.
Sports facilities are also very diverse and offer balanced opportunities to improve physical condition in line with the promotion of a healthy lifestyle. The school has:
- multi-purpose hall with air conditioning,
- separate indoor gym with air conditioning,
- sports ground with all-weather astro-covering,
- multisport outdoor courts,
- indoor outdoor recreation areas,
- playground with air conditioning (for pupils of the kindergarten).
- Fill in the registration form;
- Write down or save the individual number assigned to the application;
- Upon confirmation with the request number, a non-refundable and non-transferable registration deposit of AED 500 must be paid;
- At the next stage, it is necessary to send all the necessary documents to the school, wait for their consideration, in case of a positive decision - pay the registration fee.
The WSF is a typical British school abroad, offering, in addition to studying within the local standards of Fujairah, internationally recognised GCSE and Advanced Level qualifications.
In 2022, 79% of graduates achieved A* to C, with 67% of students receiving grades from A* to B, which is noticeably better than the UK average. At the same time, 100% of students received passing scores in English, and 36% received the highest grade A *. Between 42% and 48% received an A or higher score in biology, chemistry and physics.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The school is open to children with different levels of motivation and preparation. Teaching is conducted in English, the necessary minimum level implies the ability to speak English fluently, read and write.
The list of required documents is established by the MINISTRY of Education of the UAE and includes:
- a copy of the child's passport with a visa;
- copies of parents' passports;
- Family Book/Khalasat Alqaid copy (UAE citizens only);
- medical card and 2 copies of vaccination card;
- 4 fresh passport photos;
- the latest school reports and statements;
- the original certificate of transfer from the former school.
All documents submitted in languages other than English or Arabic must be provided with a certified translation into one of these languages.
Parents should provide information on special educational needs, individual learning plans and any other information that is valuable to the school and shapes the learning process.
Students wishing to continue in Grades 11 and 12 or transfer to WSF from other schools must achieve a certain level of preparation, including:
- Pass the subjects "Islamic Education" (for Arab Muslims and non-Arab Muslims) and "Arabic language" (for Arab students) in the 10th grade;
- At least 5 IGCSE/GCSE subjects with grades A*, A, B, C, D, E or grades 3-9;
- The IGSCE/GCSE should not include Islamic education and the Arabic language.
Scholarships Winchester School – Fujairah
Families can count on a 10% discount if 2 or more children from the same family study at the school at the same time.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Winchester School – Fujairah
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.