Westminster School – Ras Al Khaimah
Description of Westminster School – Ras Al Khaimah
- Year of foundation: 2005,
- Location: Ras Al Khaimah, UAE,
- Age of students: 3-18 years,
- Number of students: 1000+,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type of study: independent full-time school.
Westminster School in Ras Al Khaimah represents the internationally recognized national educational program of England and prepares adolescents for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) exams and A-level exams at the universities of Cambridge and London. The national program offers students the necessary knowledge and competencies to become an educated and responsible citizen, introducing them to the best examples of man-made development over thousands of years, stimulating creativity and the pursuit of achievement.
The staff of the school has the highest qualifications and unparalleled experience, children here are perceived as individuals, adapting the educational process to the needs of each child. The learning process is based on four essential values:
- leadership through innovation,
- growth through edcation,
- world citizenship – cosmopolitanism,
- striving for excellence.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Westminster School – Ras Al Khaimah
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school does not offer students accommodation in a dormitory and does not deal with accommodation issues; this must be done independently.
The school offers a well-thought-out and extensive network of bus routes that transport students from home to school and back. The service is provided for a fee, the cost depends on the route and ranges from 3250 to 6900 AED / year.
Activities Westminster School – Ras Al Khaimah
The school offers an impressive array of extracurricular activities, allowing you to take part in a variety of activities. WS RAK has created the following teams:
- in basketball,
- table tennis,
Teams take part in regional competitions and in-school games.
In addition, children can engage in orienteering and ecology, English as a foreign language. After the completion of classes, electives are available:
- informatics and information technologies,
- dramatic and performing arts,
- fine arts,
- music (vocal and instrumental),
- modeling and robotics,
- debates and public speeches,
- Satisfaction of individual needs, assimilation of self-development skills, motivation of values, development of character traits that contribute to the achievement of personal success and progress;
- Formation of a productive and self-sufficient citizen with a global mindset;
- Combination of advanced technologies and experience and traditional values of the Arab world and the English school;
- Active involvement of the parent community in the educational process.
Facilities and equipment at Westminster School – Ras Al Khaimah
School infrastructure includes:
- conference hall with a capacity of 500 people,
- classrooms equipped with the latest technology and equipped with access to high-speed Internet,
- 3 laboratories for scientific experiments,
- art studio,
- music room,
- an excellent library,
- well-equipped school canteens with outdoor service,
- full-profile medical offices for boys and girls,
- a green area for reading in the open air,
- a media laboratory that allows various experiments with television and radio broadcasting, sound and video editing.
More than 2,000 plants have been planted on the school grounds.
In addition, the school has many opportunities in the field of sports:
- football field with artificial turf,
- basketball courts (including indoor ones),
- 2 cricket fields,
- gaming equipment,
- a special separate indoor outdoor playground for primary school and kindergarten students.
- Fill in the registration form;
- After that, applicants receive an individual number; it must be preserved. Also, the letter will contain instructions on the further order of actions;
- Upon receipt of the letter, it is necessary to pay a one-time non-refundable and non-exchangeable or transferable registration fee = 500 AED. The receipt will need to be provided simultaneously with the package of documents for registration;
- After submitting the documents and paying the registration fee, it is necessary to wait for the consideration of the application (within 2-3 weeks) and the answer, which can be positive (conditional or unconditional offer), negative or implying placement in the waiting list (in this case, the place will be offered as soon as there are free ones).
92% of graduates receive an offer of employment or enter the university of first choice within a year after graduation. 62% of graduates enter Oxbridge, Ivy League universities or other prestigious educational institutions from the TOP-100 best universities in the world.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Upon admission, it is necessary to provide a package of documents, including:
- a copy of the student's passport with a UAE visa,
- copies of identity cards of UAE citizens (if any),
- copies of passports of the father and mother with a UAE visa,
- a copy of the medical record,
- a copy of the vaccination card,
- a copy of the child's vaccination card,
- copies of school reports for the last two school years,
- 4 passport-size colour photographs,
- certificate of transfer (if necessary).
The school is inclusive, ready to accept students of various levels of education, from a variety of social groups, with different preferences and requirements for the learning process, including gifted and talented, as well as students with disabilities. Information about the presence of diseases, individual educational needs and individual plans must be provided at the stage of submission of documents. The presence of special needs or features of physical health, disability can not serve as a basis for refusing enrollment.
Applications will not be processed until the receipt of the full package of documents and payment of the registration fee.
Upon admission, the school conducts a selection of candidates by age, examinations in order to determine the appropriate class. The assessment is carried out by the selection committee.
The minimum age for enrollment in kindergarten groups is 4 years (as of September 1), in grade 1 - 6 years.
All applicants must provide official documents proving previous learning experience, report cards and test results. Documentation must be provided in English/Arabic or provided with a notarized translation into these languages.
Scholarships Westminster School – Ras Al Khaimah
Families who have enrolled two or more pupils in the school receive a discount of 10% of the total cost of study for the duration of their simultaneous study at school.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Westminster School – Ras Al Khaimah
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.