Wellington Private School – Qatar
Description of Wellington Private School – Qatar
- Location: Doha, Qatar,
- Year of foundation: 2013,
- Number of students: about 300,
- Language of instruction: English, French
- Type: mixed.
Wellington School - Qatar is a school that offers the National Curriculum of England, adapted for students around the world. The institution is modeled after the outstanding Dubai International School Wellington International School as its second branch. Students from the Foundation Stage to grade 13 are educated here.
Qualified faculty and staff work with students and their parents to provide students with an excellent academic base for admission to the best universities.
Modern technologies are integrated into the educational process, students of all ages learn to use them with the help of robotics courses, laptops, tablets and "connected" classes.
The school aims to include digital themes in the curriculum to practice important skills of the modern world:
- Digital literacy,
- Skills and technical understanding,
- Technologies in the world,
- Safe and responsible use.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Wellington Private School – Qatar
Accommodation, meals, prices
There are no dormitories on campus.
The kitchen is open on weekdays, preparing meals for students on a regularly changing menu. Fresh produce, seasonal vegetables and fruits are used. On a regular basis, school staff organize joint evenings in the barbecue area, thematic events with cooking dishes of different peoples and countries.
Activities Wellington Private School – Qatar
All year round, students can take part in activities aimed at realizing their interests, developing and learning new ones. From creativity and performing arts to in-depth study of subjects and sports, the school offers a wide range of clubs and sections, among which each student will find his own business.
Some of the extracurricular activities offered at Wellington School Qatar are:
- Courses for the development of attentiveness and well-being,
- Playing musical instruments,
- Mathematical strategies,
- LEGO construction ,
- Business design,
- Table tennis
- Sports games,
- Arts and Crafts,
- DNA and gene studies,
- Video editing.
The institution has a partnership with the innovative service 8billionideas, which allows several initiatives to be launched now and for future academic years. From grades 1 to 6, annual enterprise competitions are held in which students create and develop ideas. High school students use a four-part program called the WSQ MBA: this program gives them a business and entrepreneurial education. Finally, students in grades 5 through 9 have access to the innovative and unique online services platform 8billionideas. This round-the-clock information portal provides students with access to online broadcasts, courses, and videos. Students can also chat with 8billionideas mentors to get advice or work together on new entrepreneurial ideas.
- School uniform and certain norms of appearance,
- High quality of international education.
Facilities and equipment at Wellington Private School – Qatar
The Wellington School campus is equipped with state-of-the-art technology in bright classrooms, with shared recreation and learning areas.
- Halls of art, textiles and 3D-sculptures,
- Music studios,
- Scientific laboratories of physics, chemistry, biology,
- Libraries with literature for primary and secondary schools,
- Dining areas, outdoor barbecue,
- Create Innovation Zone,
- Full-size Football Field Astro,
- Outdoor sports grounds for netball, tennis and basketball, rugby, athletics,
- Multifunctional sports hall with playing fields,
- Dance Studio,
- Shaded Foundation Stage learning areas on the street,
- Computer room with Apple Mac Suite,
- Studio of Theatrical Art,
- Food Technology Room,
- Laboratory of Design Technologies.
Students are served by school nurses responsible for the treatment of minor injuries and diseases, the management of chronic diseases.
The school shares the territory with the second educational institution - the American Academy: teachers of both schools visit campuses with introductory seminars, master classes and practices.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year consists of three semesters:
- Autumn: August-November,
- Winter holidays: November-December,
- Spring: January-March,
- Spring break: March 12-23,
- Summer: March-June,
- Summer holidays: June-August.
- Registration fee – 912€,
- Entrance fee for Foundation Stage 2-13 grade applicants is 53€,
- The use of the school bus is from 1042 to 1823 € depending on the area.
Many of the services provided on campus are included in the annual cost of the curriculum.
Step-by-step admission process:
- Fill out an application, collect the required documents,
- Receive an information letter from the admissions office with the appointed date of acquaintance and interview,
- Pass the interview and entrance tests,
- Receive an invitation letter for education.
Assessment tests are conducted by members of the admission committee and provide an opportunity to see the basic skills and knowledge of each child, their behavior in learning, his ability to interact with people.
- Preschool stage: children are invited to classes with accommodation and games, where the staff will assess the child's readiness for school,
- Grades 1-2: children undergo a basic assessment that assesses knowledge of phonetics, letters, numbers, forms along with writing,
- Grades 3-6: Cognitive Aptitude Test (CAT) and Written English Proficiency Test,
- Grades 7-13 : Cognitive Aptitude Test (CAT).
Places in the school are in great demand, so you should apply in advance.
Graduates of the institution are admitted to the best universities in many countries of the world, choosing to build a career in such areas as medicine, law, business and finance, creativity and sports. In recent years, the choice of students has fallen on the following institutions:
- University of Pennsylvania,
- University of Oxford,
- Berkley — University of California,
- Harvard University,
- Imperial College London,
- The University of Chicago,
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
All applicants must provide official documentation of previous school experience, a report card and test results translated into English. The school report must be signed and sealed by the school that issued it, certified by the seals of the Ministries of Education and Foreign Affairs.
Also, applicants provide personal documents: passport and birth certificate, health insurance and vaccination card, visa or residence permit. Documents will also be required from one or both parents.
Scholarships Wellington Private School – Qatar
Pupils of the school have the opportunity to participate in the International Prize of the Duke of Edinburgh: it is available to students from 14 to 24 years old, especially active in volunteer service, physical skills and travel. The award has three levels of award: bronze, silver and gold. Awards give winners the opportunity to decorate their portfolios, get priority among applicants when entering the university.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Wellington Private School – Qatar
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.