Univetsity of Tromsø (Arctic University of Norway)
Description of Univetsity of Tromsø (Arctic University of Norway)
- Established: 1968
- Location: Tromsø, Norway
- Number of students: 16 747
- University type: state
- Language of instruction: Norwegian, English.
The University of Tromsø is the northernmost university in the world; the city of the same name is located 400 kilometers north of the Arctic Circle. The main task of the university is to study the Arctic in all variations: from the biology of the sea to the culture of the northern peoples. Students of the university note a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, in which it is considered the norm to come to the institution on skis, and walk around the building in warm socks, you can eat during a lecture, create a hygge atmosphere and light candles.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Univetsity of Tromsø (Arctic University of Norway)
Accommodation, meals, prices
Upon admission, prospective students send a request indicating the desired living conditions and material opportunities. Based on these data, the student union offers options with a different number of students, the time it will take to get to the school.
- Accommodation: hostel
Activities Univetsity of Tromsø (Arctic University of Norway)
In programs taught in English, foreign nationals outnumber indigenous people in quantitative terms. Facebook has a student group where you can find answers to all your questions.
Facilities and equipment at Univetsity of Tromsø (Arctic University of Norway)
The location of the educational institution is interesting and mesmerizing - the city island of Tromsø, where you can watch the northern lights during the polar night or the night sun. There is convenient access to natural resources, which makes it possible to conduct research on the flora and fauna of the area. This place combines the culture and traditions of more than 110 countries, creating an amazing atmosphere of mixing peoples and their customs.
The institute has a library building, which can be either just a library or a place for students to communicate. From the outside, it looks more like an open-space for work, rest, talking over board games, discussing projects and pressing issues. Many people get to the university on skis, as the snow lies for almost the entire academic year.
Admission dates and extra charges
The beginning of studying is in September. The basic education takes place over eight weeks, and in the remaining ten, students read and prepare for exams. The program is divided into thematic blocks for better understanding. The first lesson starts at 10:15, the last one ends at 16:00.
The costs of processing such documents as a student visa, medical insurance, round trip are paid personally by the student.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Upon admission, it is required to provide the results of TOEFL exams (from 80), IELTS (from 6.0), a motivation letter.
Scholarships Univetsity of Tromsø (Arctic University of Norway)
In the 2021 academic year, the university is providing grants for residence in the country for five months in the amount of NOK 56,145.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Univetsity of Tromsø (Arctic University of Norway)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.