University of Stavanger
Description of University of Stavanger
Universitetet i Stavanger or University of Stavanger (abbreviated as UiS) is a state-type educational institution in Norway that has been conducting research and education since the beginning of 2005. Due to the successful location of the higher education institution in Stavanger, students can enjoy the benefits of living in the city and the countryside.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Stavanger
This is an institution that is included in the TOP-10 of the best Norwegian universities.
Facilities and equipment at University of Stavanger
It is about a medium-sized educational institution, which simultaneously accommodates about 9,000 students. The academic staff of the university is about 1000 high-quality teachers. Both teachers and students take part in exchange programs.
Infrastructure University of Stavanger
There is a large library, a comfortable hostel. The university is included in the list of reputable scientific groups and communities.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to university studies is based on several criteria. And the main one is the past performance of a potential student. The academic year is traditionally divided into classic semesters.
Tuition fees at Universitetet i Stavanger
Tuition fees per semester are around $ 500. Each student can choose the most convenient schedule according to his needs.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Stavanger
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.