University of Worcester Summer Camp
Description of University of Worcester Summer Camp
- Location: Worcester, UK
- Students age: 8-17 years.
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of education: summer camp.
University of Worcester Summer offers a language program, exciting classes, accommodation on the campus of an English university and a complete immersion in the cultural and linguistic environment. On the first day, all students undergo written and oral testing, after which teachers distribute them into classes according to the level of English proficiency. Each student receives a textbook with all the necessary materials.
Worcester is a historic city located 35 miles southwest of Birmingham, in the English countryside of Malvern Hills and Cotswolds. The city has many green spaces, gardens, Tudor architecture, an impressive Worcester Cathedral, built in 1504. The university has the most modern amenities, theater and art studios, a library.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Worcester Summer Camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
University of Worcester Summer Camp offers:
- Single rooms with amenities, combined in blocks of 6-8 rooms
- Shared kitchen / living room in each block
- Double family accommodation (limited number of beds).
07: 30-08: 30
Continental breakfast. Hot breakfast once a week
12: 00-13: 30
A choice of two hot dishes, including a vegetarian dish
18: 00-19: 30
3-course dinner with choice of vegetarian options
Activities University of Worcester Summer Camp
The University of Worcester Summer offers students a program of activities on campus and beyond.
- Half-day excursion to Worcester, getting to know the city, Instagram quest
- Severn River Cruise
- Excursion to Worcester Cathedral
- Full day trip to Bath / Oxford. Visit at Bath Abbey / College, Oxford University
- Visit Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's House (Full Day)
- Excursion to London “Royal Family and Politics”. Late return to campus
- Half day trip to Cadbury World.
Activities on the school grounds:
- Welcome Disco
- Karaoke / Battle of Phonograms
- Evening of national cultures
- Talent show
- Farewell disco.
Summer camp includes:
- Half-day excursions to Worcester: photo quest, walk along the river, entrance ticket to Worcester Cathedral
- A trip to London with a late return to campus
- Full-day visit to Stratford-upon-Avon or Bath and Oxford
- Meeting at the airport of the group, individual students by the center staff who accompany them to the campus.
Facilities and equipment at University of Worcester Summer Camp
There are many places for sports on the campus, including spacious fields for football, team games, English bast shoes. For events on campus, a sports arena, fields with artificial all-weather cover are available.
The campus has a cafe and meeting facilities for the whole group. In the evening and during breaks between classes / activities, students spend time in common living rooms in the residence. Computers are located in the main campus building, Wi-Fi is in residences and classrooms, access is provided upon arrival on campus. The residence also has a laundry room, security officers are on duty around the clock.
Admission dates and extra charges
Summer shift dates:
- July 02-July 16
- July 16 - July 30
- July 30-August 13.
- Deposit for a course/programme 25 GBP
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Students age - 8-17 years.
- Level of English - from Elementary to Proficiency.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Worcester Summer Camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.