Shrewsbury School Summer Camp
Description of Shrewsbury School Summer Camp
- Established: 2002
- Location: Shrewsbury, England
- Age of students: from 11 to 16 years
- Type of studying: mixed
- Type of accommodation: residence, full board
- English language.
The organizer of this summer school is the International Studying Center for English, opened in 2002. In total, the company has six points where summer language courses for children are conducted. Every year, children from more than 60 countries of the world study at the branches of the school, and many here like it so much that they return again. The centers are widely known for the high quality of the educational services and living conditions offered.
One of them is based in the prestigious British school Shrewsbury School: this is an old educational institution, founded back in 1552. Graduates of this school were such famous personalities as Charles Darwin - thanks to him the school became known to the whole world.
Today, the school’s campus is a harmonious blend of historic mansions and modern buildings decorated in antiqued style. The school grounds are safe and under surveillance around the clock. The ratio of children and teachers is 1: 5. To provide maximum support to students at the school, there is a “hot line” that is available to children and teenagers 24 hours a day.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Shrewsbury School Summer Camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students at Shrewsbury School Summer Camp are accommodated in campus residences. Boys and girls live separately.
The children are offered bright and cozy 1-2-bed rooms or larger rooms - for 3-5 people (the latter are designed for younger students and have a separate bathroom, for the rest of the guests the bathroom and shower are on the floor). The dormitories made a fresh repair and updated furniture.
Meals at the school are organized on full board: three times a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner), the guys get a full menu in the school canteen. International or classic British cuisine is offered.
Activities Shrewsbury School Summer Camp
Every day after school a rich entertainment program is organized for children, including a variety of cultural events:
- Talent night
- Casino night
- International evenings
- Drama club
- The game "Expand the murder."
- Table tennis
- Team games
- Mini olympic games.
Also for the young pupils of the summer language school there are fascinating excursions to the most interesting places in Britain: one trip per week for the whole day (to Manchester, London, Wales) and one trip per week for half a day. The second option includes visiting various attractions in the immediate vicinity: castles, museums, galleries, art exhibitions and more.
Facilities and equipment at Shrewsbury School Summer Camp
The Shrewsbury School campus is located in the Shrewsbury area on the banks of the River Severn. The school was named after the town of Shrewsbury, from where it is several hours to the nearest airports - 1.5 hours to Manchester and 3 hours to the airport in London.
This private school has excellent facilities that allow students to learn and relax in the area with comfort:
- Indoor gym
- 25 meter pool
- Tennis courts
- Squash courts
- Artificially landscaped football field
- Computer center
- Assembly Hall
- Educational buildings
Admission dates and extra charges
The summer language program of the Shrewsbury School runs from July 3 to July 31 and can last from 2 to 4 weeks:
- 2 weeks: July 3-17, July 17-31
- 3 weeks: July 3-24, July 10-31
- 4 weeks: July 3-31.
The price includes:
- Academic studies
- Educational materials
- Testing and grouping
- Certificate of passage of the program
- Extra-curriculum (2 excursions per week)
- Daily sports or cultural events
- Full Board Meals
- Standard check-in from Wednesday to Wednesday.
- Additional charge:
- Visa application
- Medical insurance
- Individual meeting at the airport (from £ 135 one way)
- Trinity Examination Classes & Rentals
- Air tickets in both directions.
- One way transfer - Heathrow 255 GBP
- One way transfer - Birmingham 125 GBP
- One way transfer - Manchester 135 GBP
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To participate in the summer program of the Shrewsbury School, students are accepted with any level of knowledge - from elementary A1 to Advanced C1.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Shrewsbury School Summer Camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.