University of Tehran
Description of University of Tehran
- Established: 1934
- Location: Tehran, Iran
- Number of students: 50,000
- Language of instruction: Persian, English
- Type of university: state.
Tehran University was founded in 1934 by the merger of several existing higher education institutions. Initially, this was a university only for men, women were allowed to submit documents several years after opening. The University Faculty of Medicine in 1986 grew into Tehran Medical University (TMU).
The educational institution today is 50,000 students, 2,000 teachers, 20 faculties, 9 campuses, 11 research centers, 34 scientific journals.
A special place in the life of Tehran University is given to the development of international relations with universities not only in Iran, but also abroad:
- General research activities
- Conducting seminars, scientific meetings
- Exchange of academic information and research experience
- Joint scientific publications
- Exchange of students and teachers.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Tehran
- Tehran University - one of the largest and oldest universities in Iran
- One of the functions of the educational institution is the organization of visits with the participation of dignitaries from around the world
- Opportunity to participate in grants and international exchange programs
- Qualified staff
- An educational institution with a rich history.
Facilities and equipment at University of Tehran
The research activities of students and teachers are implemented in:
- Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Institute of Geophysics
- Desert International Science Center
- Institute of the History of Science
- Institute of North American and European Studies
- Women's Studies Center
- SIC Dictionary Dehhod
- Research Institute of Turbomachines
- Research Institute of Planning and Energy Management
- Science and Technology Park of Tehran University.
The university library is a member of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions since 1967. Its fund is more than 30,000 publications in Persian and English, and the book depository is the largest in the country after the Central Library of Tehran.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student of Tehran University, an applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education
- Medical certificate
- Motivation letter.
After submitting documents, the date of entrance exams will be set.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Tehran
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.