Tehran University was founded in 1934 by the merger of several existing higher education institutions. Initially, this was a university only for men, women were allowed to submit documents several years after opening. The University Faculty of Medicine in 1986 grew into Tehran Medical University (TMU).
The educational institution today is 50,000 students, 2,000 teachers, 20 faculties, 9 campuses, 11 research centers, 34 scientific journals.
A special place in the life of Tehran University is given to the development of international relations with universities not only in Iran, but also abroad:
The research activities of students and teachers are implemented in:
The university library is a member of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions since 1967. Its fund is more than 30,000 publications in Persian and English, and the book depository is the largest in the country after the Central Library of Tehran.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.