Braunwald Summer Camp
Description of Braunwald Summer Camp
- Location: Braunwald, Switzerland,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
Braunwald Summer Camp is an institution that offers language and thematic programs during the summer, spring, autumn, winter holidays. The education is suitable for students from 10 to 17 years old with a language level from A1 to C2, and in three different European languages.
Due to its stunning location among the Alpine peaks, qualified teachers who are native speakers of one or more languages, a variety of programs, the educational institution is very popular among students from all countries. Offering effective learning of English / German / French, a lot of entertainment, opportunities to develop your interests, the Braunwald camp will be a great place to spend your holidays.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Braunwald Summer Camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are offered accommodation at the Adrenalin Backpackers Hotel, where they will find shared double, four, and six-bed rooms with shared bathrooms. Accommodation in common rooms will have a positive effect on the child: communication with children from other countries, learning their culture and language, exchanging interests, constant practice of the knowledge gained will give a positive experience from staying in the camp.
For families arriving at the camp together, double rooms with private bathrooms have been prepared, which will provide a cozy and homely space for rest and relaxation after classes. During the summer holidays, the camp will also provide single rooms with private bathrooms to provide students with a peaceful environment.
Whatever type of room the student chooses, you can be sure that the comfort and safety of the child will be the top priority of the Braunwald staff.
The hotel is equipped with common rooms for dances, games and other joint events: billiard tables, table football, books and much more will brighten up the free time of students.
Accommodation is organized in the format of full board - all pupils are provided with three meals a day, drinks and healthy snacks between classes and events. If you have an individual intolerance to any of the products, local chefs will provide an alternative menu for a small additional fee.
Activities Braunwald Summer Camp
Leisure activities in summer, spring, winter holidays are different: from skiing and sledding to swimming in freshwater lakes and hiking - every child is sure to have fun. In extracurricular time, students can engage in collective activities: attend thematic events, go on an excursion, play sports or just relax with new friends.
Some of the places that students will be able to visit:
- FIFA World Football Museum,
- Swiss National Museum,
- House of Arts in Zurich,
- Zoological Museum,
- Lindt Chocolate House,
- "Alpamare" is the largest indoor water park in Switzerland,
- Spa with thermal waters,
- Lake Valen.
Every evening, thematic events are held on the grounds:
- Night disco,
- Movie Night,
- Intellectual quizzes,
- Treasure Hunt game.
- Natural beauties near campus: Alps, meadows, freshwater lakes,
- Language learning through interactive methods,
- Small classes of up to six people,
- The courses are suitable for almost any level of linguistics: from beginner to excellent,
- Collective creative projects,
- The teachers are not only native English speakers, but also speak at least one other foreign language perfectly.
Facilities and equipment at Braunwald Summer Camp
The area of the camp is located at an altitude of 1300 meters above sea level. Beautiful nature, a sun terrace, fresh air are the special advantages of Braunwald Summer.
Classrooms, safe walking areas, and comfortable residential buildings have been created for learning and free recreation. The whole area is completely safe, under the supervision of employees.
Admission dates and extra charges
Dates of vacation camp programs:
- Spring: March, April,
- Summer: July, August,
- Autumn: October,
- Winter: December-March.
The exact dates of the classes are indicated in the individual programs.
Children live according to an accurate daily schedule, which includes time to get up and go to bed, attend classes and free hours. Some items differ depending on age: for example, students under the age of 13 must go to bed no later than 22:00 on weekdays, and older students must go to bed before 22:30.
You can stay in the camp from one to several weeks. Basic courses include in their weekly cost:
- 15 hours of thematic classes,
- Accommodation in the format of full board,
- Daytime, evening activities,
- Full-day or half-day excursions,
- Registration fees,
- Transfer from/to Zurich airport.
Approximate list of additional costs:
- Alternative meals - 100CHF per week,
- Accommodation in a single, double room – about 300CHF per week, respectively,
- 10 lessons in alpine skiing, snowboarding in the winter camp – 500CHF,
- Transfers outside working hours – 150CHF one way,
- Private transfer – 500CHF,
- Extension of stay in the camp for a week at the time of stay in it - 800CHF,
- Laundry service – 40CHF,
- Accompanying minors – 100CHF,
- Other expenses: ski pass, air tickets, medical insurance.
Before registering, the camp staff advises to check the availability of places on the selected course. New participants in the program should provide personal documents and apply for a visa, and then arrive on campus to take short oral, written tests to determine the language level. Based on its results, children are divided into groups suitable for them.
Arrivals on campus are organized on Sundays and departures on Saturdays.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Those wishing to study under Braunwald programs must provide personal documents: passport, medical insurance, visa or residence permit. New learners also need to meet the language criteria of the chosen course: from level A1 to C2.
Scholarships Braunwald Summer Camp
Siblings of already registered students receive a discount of CHF 75 upon admission.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Braunwald Summer Camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.