University of Sharjah
Description of University of Sharjah
- Founded: 1997
- Location: Sharjah, UAE
- Number of students: up to 6000
- Rating in the country: 1.
American University of Sharjah (AUS) is one of the best higher education institutions in the United Arab Emirates.
Most of the students here are foreigners. The university regularly participates in student exchange programs.
In total, the educational institution has 376 highly qualified teachers, some of whom came from other countries.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Sharjah
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are given the opportunity to live in a dormitory on campus. There are three types of accommodation:
- Room for 2 people with shared facilities.
- Own room in the apartment, shared facilities
- Separate apartments.
The approximate cost of living is $ 726 -1124 $, the price depends on the option chosen. The dormitory building has wireless Internet access, there are kitchens, a computer room, a gym, common recreation areas with board games and a TV, a room with washing machines and dryers.
Meals are not included in the price: students can cook for themselves or eat in a cafe next to the hostel or university.
Facilities and equipment at University of Sharjah
The university has its own library, students also have access to educational materials online. On the territory of the university there are several laboratories.
The classrooms have modern equipment, a projector, a player and everything necessary for comfortable learning.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university consists of 2 semesters.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the university, the applicant must provide a certificate of secondary education and pass the entrance exams. Additionally, a certificate confirming knowledge of the language is required.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Sharjah
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.