University of Le Havre Normandie
Description of University of Le Havre Normandie
- Year of foundation: 1984
- Location: Havre, France
- Age of students: from 18 years.
- Number of students: 8,200
- Language of instruction: French
- Type of study: public university.
The University of Le Havre Normandie, founded in 1984, now has about 8200 students. The university is attentive to the admission, professional advancement of each of its students.
Le Havre Normandie consists of several teaching and research units:
- science, technology
- International relations
- literature, humanities
- University Institute of Technology
- School of Engineering
- logistics research of the Higher Institute and services.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Le Havre Normandie
Accommodation, meals, prices
The University of Le Havre Normandie offers accommodation in residences or university residential complexes managed by the Regional University Centre (CROUS), as well as in private residences.
University dormitories are provided to students under 28 years of age on first request (up to 35 years for international students) who have achieved academic success in the previous two years.
- The Havraise pour le Logement Etudiant (AHLOET) association provides housing available in the suburbs of Le Havre. This service is free of charge.
- Shared housing KAPS - living in a shared apartment in a popular area, communicating with neighbors. KAPS is aimed at young people – students, pupils; young people in the civil service, active young people. Living together allows young people to meet others, get a unique collective experience, friendly communication, and create a social network.
Meals are available at several points on the territory of the university:
- Restaurant Porte Océane: 30, rue Demidoff – 76600 Le Havre. 400 seats.
- Brasserie de la Porte Océane: 30, rue Demidoff – 76600, Havre. 120 seats.
- Cafétaria Lebon: located in the heart of the Faculty of International Relations. 80 seats.
- Cafétaria IUT Caucriauville: located in the heart of the IUT. 125 seats.
Rates: from 3 euros per dish of the day (snack, second course, dessert).
Activities University of Le Havre Normandie
The main mission of the cultural service of the university is to promote access to artistic, cultural practices for students, the university community. The university fills the campus with a variety of cultural offers, allows you to meet creatively, share with each other.
Sports, leisure activities offered by SUAPS: information, news, free sections, program for the academic year. The University Physical, Sports Activities Service (SUAPS) offers many opportunities to play sports as part of your university studies, regardless of your level.
SuIO University Integration Service unites all activities related to leadership, information, support in the search for internships, as well as assistance in the professional integration of students, young graduates.
- The educationoffer is structured in four areas:
- art, literature, languages
- law, economics, management
- humanities, social sciences
- science, technology, health.
To better prepare students for professional integration, to promote their mobility in Europe, the university focuses on three main areas:
- international openness
- The scientific potential of the university is based on 12 research laboratories, two of which are associated with CNRS, and one with INERIS. The study is based on four areas: humanities, social sciences; chemistry – biology; mathematics – computer science; engineering sciences. The work is carried out in interdisciplinary areas, this research activity nourishes and enriches the lessons.
- The University of Le Havre Normandie corresponds to the development of a port city open to the world, attentive to its socio-economic environment, the expectations of the audience.
- The university conducts most of its activities in the city center, a stone's throw from the railway station and bus station, near the city center, a few kilometers from the beach - it has a privileged geographical location.
- The university has become an important lever for the development of the local economy. He makes a great contribution to the development of the city and the region due to the increase in the level of education of the population due to the number of employees, the ability to produce new knowledge, his research activities. Organization of international conferences, reception of foreign students, teachers and researchers - the educational institution contributes to the creation of an international image of the city, is an important partner of the key players in the region, the city of Le Havre, the urban community, the Normandy region.
Facilities and equipment at University of Le Havre Normandie
The University Library of Havre is a network of two libraries:
- Central, serving the Lebon and Frissar campuses
- The IUT Library, located on the Caucriauville (IUT) campus.
The library supports, helps to succeed in studying at the university, providing its collections, services, places to read, a team of librarians who will help in research.
The university provides a set of educational, computer classes with open access, designed to facilitate access to the computer network, digital services of the institution.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university operates according to the traditional semester system.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the first year of the bachelor's degree at a French university, a preliminary request for admission (DAP) is mandatory for foreigners who have a foreign high school diploma. The deadline for submission of documents is January 17.
Your application is simultaneously considered by the three universities you choose. Offers from universities come no later than April 30.
You have a week to give your answer to the university, not having an answer before May 7 is tantamount to refusing to offer registration.
The list of documents that must be provided to foreign applicants:
- Application for admission before enrollment in a bachelor's degree at a French university
- University Response
- Test validation
This file, together with the requested supporting documents, must be sent to the diplomatic mission of your place of residence.
With some exceptions, candidates must pass a paid language test (price - from 73 euros).
Scholarships University of Le Havre Normandie
Benefits are distributed according to three criteria:
- Family income
- Number of dependent children
- Distance from the place of study.
To receive a scholarship, an applicant must be less than 28 years old, foreign students must have a residence permit.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Le Havre Normandie
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.