University of Guelph: English Language Programs
Description of University of Guelph: English Language Programs
- Established: 19 64
- Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Students age: 17+
- Type of training: blended
- Type of accommodation: student residence, host families
- Language of instruction: English.
The language school at the University of Guelf is aimed at students from all over the world, helps students to improve the language and learn academic skills. Such training will be especially useful for foreign students who intend to study abroad. However, the breadth of courses will help students achieve not only academic goals: here, foreigners have the opportunity to get acquainted with the culture of Canada through a variety of activities and living in host families. Children will be able to better know themselves and develop social skills, spending a lot of time communicating with peers. Teachers of the language school have 15 years of experience working with foreigners, provide personality-oriented training and support for adaptation.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Guelph: English Language Programs
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are accommodated in host families:
- Convenient location
- Furnished rooms
- Access to the Internet
- Three meals a day
- Help coordinator.
Cost of living:
- Application Fee = $ 375 CAD
- Application fee for those who did not meet deadlines: 525 $ CAD
- Monthly homestay payment: 850 $ CAD
- The cost of one day in the host family: $ 27.45 CAD.
Dates of applications for accommodation in the host family: 3.02, 6.04, 28.05.
Another option is to stay at the residence, but the number of seats in the residence on campus is limited and is provided to those who managed to book a place. This option is available only to those who spend an entire academic semester at the university - from September to December or from January to April. Foreigners are provided with accommodation in a special house for English learners English Learning House.
Cost per academic semester:
- Single room = 3815 $ CAD
- Double room = 3390 $ CAD
- Superior Single Room = $ 4068 CAD.
Activities University of Guelph: English Language Programs
The school organizes many trips and events, the purpose of which:
- Learn the culture of the country
- Practice the language
- Find friends.
A university sports center is open for students.
Admission dates and extra charges
It is necessary to submit applications:
- Until June 1 (for residency)
- Until July 2 (for accommodation in the host family)
- Closing of applications: July 10
- Arrival date: 08.31-1.09
- Beginning of classes: 3.09.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Results of international language testing
- Photo (as on passport)
- Copies of all transcripts, diplomas and certificates.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Guelph: English Language Programs
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.