University of Bologna is the oldest and largest university in Europe, which was founded in 1088 in Bologna (Italy). The educational institution is famous for its graduates - many of them famous figures, writers, poets.
Brief history of occurrence
The peculiarity of the Bologna University in the Middle Ages was that the students themselves had power: they paid the teachers their work, hired professors, fired them and even fined them. It is known that up to the 15th century only legal sciences were taught. Soon there were other faculties, such as:
Along with men, women were taught and studied at the institute. It was a completely new approach to teaching, different from other educational institutions.
Professors at the University of Bologna were such famous figures as Paracelsus, N. Kopernik, A. Durer and others.
To date, the University of Bologna is the largest university not only in Italy, but throughout Europe.
Advantages of the university
Its campuses Bologna University contains not only in the city of Bologna, but also in:
The main building is territorially located in Bologna.
The educational institution is included in such associations as "Utrecht Network" and Europaeum. This allows students to exchange with other well-known and best universities in Europe, which are in the above-mentioned associations.
The University of Bologna has 260 libraries, which contain rare copies of books, ancient and original works.
In the possession of the university there are well-known museums:
The University of Bologna is a participant in many European programs that allow students to undergo internship at well-known companies and research centers. Such promising opportunities allow graduates to gain unvalued experience and build a career.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.