A proposal to create a University for Peace was put forward at the 33rd United Nations Assembly. The university board is composed of the Council of the University of the World, which consists of 15 people approved by the UN. The members of the Council are scientists, which allows the university to successfully develop and pay special attention to the analysis of the causes of international conflicts.
The University’s Charter states that it was created to “ provide humanity with an international higher education institution on peace issues and to strengthen the spirit of mutual understanding, tolerance and peaceful coexistence among all people to encourage cooperation between peoples and to help reduce obstacles and threats to international peace and progress in accordance with the noble goals proclaimed in the Charter of the United Nations. ”
The goal of the university is to minimize the spread of violence, conflict and terrorism by popularizing education, moral values, scientific and research activities.
The university exists on donations from organizations and foundations from around the world. In the future, it is planned to create branches of the University of the World in different countries with headquarters in Costa Rica.
Currently, university students and teachers are working to popularize education in Africa, plans to open peacekeeping centers in Geneva and The Hague, signed agreements on opening branches in Serbia, Colombia and Uruguay.
In addition, you can take part in special programs or a regularly updated list of distance learning courses.
University campuses are located in a protected area rich in fauna - several hundred rare animals and birds are in the university reserve.
To achieve the learning objectives, students regularly attend conferences, participate in research, expeditions and disputes. In use is an extensive library, most of which are in Spanish.
The audience of the building is equipped with the necessary computer and presentation equipment.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.