Universidad Nacional Costa Rica (UNA) is considered a popular institution of higher education in Costa Rica. This is a public institution that was founded in 1973. Territorially, the National University of Costa Rica is located in the city of Heredia.
Specify information on the training program on the official site of an educational institution.
In its countries, the university has a high position, entering the TOP 5 best institutions. In the list of prestigious international institutions, the National University of Costa Rica is ranked 849th. According to the QS World University Rankings, he is on the 808 position.
Universidad Nacional Costa Rica’s central campus is called Omar Dengo, which was named after a famous teacher. It is located in Heredia, Costa Rica and contains buildings for the administration and most colleges. Everything else is in the campus of Benjamin Nunez, named the founder of the National University and its first president (1973-1977).
In recent years, efforts have been made to upgrade the infrastructure on campus as part of the UNA-BCIE agreement, which aimed to renovate some old buildings, such as the College of Arts and the College of Public Knowledge.
The institution includes the following objects:
The school provides all foreign students with a comfortable furnished dormitory. On the territory of UNA there is a sports complex and playgrounds, laboratories and computer classes.
The National University of Costa Rica is part of the Consejo Nacional de Rectores.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.