University College Cork (UCC)
Description of University College Cork (UCC)
- Established: 1845
- Location: Cork, Ireland
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: 20,000
- Type: state.
Cork University College was founded in 1845 by order of Queen Victoria as one of the three royal colleges on the Emerald Isle (in addition to Cork, they are located in Belfast and Galway). The goal is to maximize the spread and popularization of higher education in the Irish province of Munster.
Students first crossed the college threshold in 1849, and a few years later he received a number of awards and gained some achievements. In 1908, the institution was renamed Cork University College, as it is called to this day. The official name is National University of Ireland, Cork.
The educational institution today is one of the most prestigious in the territory of Ireland and one of the most significant in the mainstream of research activities. Cork University College is part of the Union of Universities of Ireland, is a member of the Association of European Universities - Utrecht Network.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University College Cork (UCC)
- Large selection of programs in various fields of scientific knowledge
- Qualified teaching staff
- Bright student life
- Opportunity to receive scholarships for academic and research achievements
- University recognition in the international arena
- Demand for graduates
- Innovative teaching methods
- The educational institution is one of the largest research centers in Ireland: in 2016, about 96 million euros were allocated for research .
Facilities and equipment at University College Cork (UCC)
Cork University College is a full-fledged training center that has significantly expanded its territory and rebuilt part of the educational buildings after the flood in 2009. On campus:
- Educational buildings
- Cafes, canteens, cafeterias
- Shops, copy centers
- Sport complexes
- Theater building
- University Management Office
- Outdoor sports grounds, pool
- Student Center.
All university structures are equipped with the necessary equipment, high-speed Internet is available.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at Cork University College, an applicant must provide:
- General education certificate
- Certificate of English IELTS with points from 6.0 (not less than 5.5 for each component) to 7.0 (not less than 6.5 for each component) depending on the chosen specialty
- Motivation letter.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University College Cork (UCC)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.