United Arab Emirates University
Description of United Arab Emirates University
- Established: 1976
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Rating: 498
- Language of instruction: Arabic, English.
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a state higher education institution in the UAE, founded in 1976 by Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan. The university offers a full range of accredited high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs. UAEU academic programs are developed in partnership with employers, so university graduates are in high demand in the labor market. The educational institution is among the top 3 best universities in the country, ranking second, and is a member of the Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW) group.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in United Arab Emirates University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides its students with a hostel. Cost of living = from 5000AED to 5600AED / semester.
- UAEU is in 5% of the best universities in the world
- The university has scholarship programs
- UAEU graduates occupy leading positions in industry, commerce and government throughout the region.
Facilities and equipment at United Arab Emirates University
The main building of the university is located in Abu Dhabi, and the administrative center in Al Ain. The material and technical base of the university includes its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university begins in September and consists of two semesters.
- Entry Fee 200AED (Undergraduate)
- Entry Fee 350AED-1000AED (Master)
- The cost of living in Abu Dhabi is 4135AED-6357AED / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- High School Certificate (original and copy)
- Copy of a valid passport
- Copy of a valid residence permit
- A certified copy of the birth certificate or other student identification certificate
- Copy of UAE identity card on both sides (if applicable)
- Color passport size photographs
- IELTS 5.5 / TOEFL (525 ITP or 70 iBT) / EmSat 1250
- Filled Security Form
- Completed financial liability form
- Proof of payment of application fee.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about United Arab Emirates University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.