The English Montessori School
Description of The English Montessori School
- Established: 1973
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Students age: 3 to 18 years old
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: full time, half board.
The English Montessori School is a private co-educational school located in Madrid. The joint educational institution offers comprehensive education for girls and boys from 3 to 18 years old. The Montessori English School has been operating in the Spanish capital since 1973, offering education according to the British national plan, integrated with the Montessori approach. The latter lies in the concept of a special attitude towards students, including motivation for learning, self-discipline, the development of self-confidence, mutual respect and the desire to acquire new knowledge. Pupils of all ages will learn Spanish and humanities.
The English Montessori School (Tems) shows good results in the British national program, and then switches to the Spanish Bachillerato course, which allows the institution to get into TOP-10 best schools of the educational community in Madrid. In total, it includes about 200 secondary schools, whose students can attend universities in Spain, Britain and the United States.
TEMS is authorized by the Spanish Ministry of Education and is a part of the National Association of British Schools in Spain. The English Montessori School (Tems) is a part of the Cognita international educational network, with more than 70 points in Europe, Asia and Latin America. The institution has been operating on the international educational market since 2004.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in The English Montessori School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Since the English Montessori School belongs to international schools with a full-time education format, students are provided with full-board meals in half-board format. During the school day, students will receive a carefully balanced meal for lunch and a good snack. The menu is carefully developed by the school chefs, taking into account the age characteristics of students - a different diet is offered for students in junior, middle and senior classes.
Activities The English Montessori School
The English Montessori School has designed a rich extracurricular program for students, which is held 1-2 times a week after the main academic classes.
Sports and creative sections of additional activities are divided taking into account the interests of students of different ages:
- Children's department: ballet, judo, tennis, Chinese and others
- Junior school: ballet, football (including women), basketball, judo, art, drama and Chinese
- High school: judo, art, drama, mathematics, Chinese.
Classes in all sections are conducted under the guidance of professionals, and at the end of the year, students show what they learned at reporting events. During the year, football, volleyball, basketball and athletics competitions are held for students of all classes.
During the year, the school also hosts a series of events that middle and high school students can join:
- Ski trip. A week-long trip to the ski base is usually organized in the middle of the second semester. Schoolchildren are accompanied by teachers and ski instructors
- Campaign This is a three-day outing in the surrounding mountains, accompanied by teachers. Participants of the trek are waiting for a game program in the fresh air, walks along routes and an introduction to astronomy
- A visit to London. In February, students of the 8th year of study can go to the British capital for 5 days, where they will have a morning at Meoncross School, walk along London streets and attractions, including a visit to Harry Potter's studio
- A trip to Mar Menor. Students of the 9th grade can spend 5 days in the famous center of water sports
- Excursion to Gredos. This natural center invites schoolchildren of the 10th grade to visit - here they will find an educational program led by a biologist in English. Children will study rivers, ecosystems, rocks, lichen species, and food chains that exist in nature.
In addition to all the listed types of activities, TEMS students will have a sightseeing program around London, which includes visits to museums, zoos, local castles and monuments, a trip to the planetarium and other interesting places related to the curriculum of schoolchildren.
Facilities and equipment at The English Montessori School
The territory of the school includes two educational buildings on one campus: there are necessary buildings, playgrounds and sports grounds for juniors and senior students. For the youngest students, the school offers a separate educational building Discovery House: this is a unique space, built specifically for children from 3 to 6 years old, who are taught according to the Montessori method. Eco-friendly furniture is installed for students.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year begins in September and ends in May-June. There are several vacations throughout the year.
The course price includes:
- The program
- Meals (half board)
- Access to school infrastructure
- Sections and clubs.
- Registration fee - 475 €
- Deposit on admission - from 90 € to 110 € (depending on age group)
- Extended day (morning from 7:30 or 8:00) - from 70 to 110 €
- Extended day (evening from 16:30 to 18:00) - 95 €
- Additional meals (breakfast + snack) - 28 €.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter Tems, students must complete several steps:
- Fill out the registration form on the school website
- Visit the school: this can be done in the form of a private visit or during an open day, which is held during the school year - this will allow you to see teachers and students in action during the educational process
- Take an individual interview with the admissions office of the school, with which you can verify the required level of candidates of different ages - from 1 to 13 grade.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about The English Montessori School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.