Mirasur International School in Spain
Description of Mirasur International School in Spain
- Year of foundation: since 2020 as part of Cognita
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Age of students: 1-18 y.
- Number of students: 1100 people
- Language of instruction: Spanish, English
- Type of: full-time school.
Mirasur School is a bilingual private school that offers international education for children from 1 to 18 years old. The educational model is focused on a holistic program in which knowledge is complemented by personal development, creative young people with developed critical thinking and good communication skills are brought up.
Mirasur is part of the Cognita family of schools, a group of 85 educational institutions around the world. Each Cognita school retains its own identity, but they are all connected by a common goal: to prepare students for success. More than 85 schools located in Europe, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East employ 10,000 professionals, including teachers and support staff, who are responsible for the education and well-being of more than 58,000 students.
Mirasur offers a bilingual international education to prepare students for a globalized and interconnected world.
Students acquire knowledge through experimentation and practice, leading to better memorization and understanding of concepts from an early age.
Children develop an interest in knowledge through research, learn to manage time, and feel satisfied with discovering what they are capable of.
Mirasur, together with ISEF (Higher Institute of Physical Education), offers the opportunity to become a sports professional and get a job across Europe thanks to the Europass supplement. TSAF is an official degree, so students can access scholarships offered by the Ministry of Education for the field of vocational training. At ISEF, 100% of graduates receive job offers where they have been trained – in companies in the sports sector with great national and international recognition.
Uniforms – both school and sports – are dress codes that students must follow. The Mirasur school uniform is compulsory for all primary and secondary school students. Undergraduate students (high school) are not required to wear uniforms, with the exception of 1st year undergraduate students who wear a sports uniform.
Faculties and colleges
Mirasur has departments for pre-school, primary, middle and high schools. And also it has summer language programs which are very popular among camps in Spain.
Mirasur School is included in the ranking of the 100 best secondary schools in Spain according to Forbes magazine. In the second edition of the Forbes rating, Mirasur School ranks 26th. The ranking is based on 36 objective criteria selected and divided into 7 blocks by a committee of educators, psychologists and education professionals selected by the media.
STEAM Talent held the Mathcup National Mathematics Championship, which is attended by students from all over Spain. This year, Mirasur students stood out from the rest by taking:
- 1st place among 3 classes
- 1,2,3 places among 5 classes.
Things to know about
Mirazur School is an applicant school for participation in the PYP International Baccalaureate program and obtaining the status of the IB World School.
In the 2021/2022 academic year, the Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Executive Intelligence (ELIE) program was developed, which aims to awaken the entrepreneurial spirit and develop the necessary skills (decision-making, teamwork, leadership, and others) to bring students closer to the real world.
Mirasour participates in the documentary Las Zebras about giftedness and high abilities. Students and their families participate in the documentary and show the challenges and difficulties that people with high abilities face every day.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Mirasur International School in Spain
Accommodation, meals, prices
Mirasur is a day school, young children are here from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Students receive a balanced diet throughout the day. All meals are prepared from the highest quality products in a professional kitchen with the center's own staff and a dietitian.
The menu is based on the Mediterranean diet:
- Each meal is accompanied by a salad
- Desserts consist of seasonal fruits and dairy products
- There are meals for children with allergies and other food restrictions.
Activities Mirasur International School in Spain
- Much attention is paid to classes within the framework of STEAM (science, technology, art, mathematics): children learn to make decisions, face failures, accept and overcome them, develop critical and reflective thinking, have the opportunity to make decisions thoughtfully and consistently.
- Sports and a healthy lifestyle are a fundamental part of education: students attend sports activities at the Mirasur Sports Club under the supervision of a coach according to age and physical condition.
- LAB is a project based on mathematical scientific and logical developments. It helps in the study of physics, chemistry, biology and geology. Throughout the project, knowledge is linked to reality, revealing the benefits and possible applications.
- Karate is one of the most perfect sports, helps to form respect, perseverance and discipline. With children works Javier Hernandez, two-time world champion, 8-time European champion and 42-time champion of Spain.
- The Mirasur campus has a padel club with 6 outdoor glass padel tennis courts equipped with everything you need.
- Basketball – training is held 2 days a week.
- Football is the development of social and psychomotor skills.
- Language school, English language - kids consolidate knowledge through the game: game exercises, songs, active recreation.
- Mirasur's mission is to develop students' skills and talents by adapting education to suit their needs.
- As part of the educational project, students learn to recognize and manage emotions – both their own and those of others.
- Among the tasks of the educational institution is the preparation of strong people who are able to manage their lives and understand that this life is connected with others.
- Mirasur has been recognized by Google Reference School, which indicates high competencies in the field of digital technologies, the widespread use of technology to improve learning, the use of G Suite to support the vast majority of processes. More than 30% of the teachers of the educational institution are certified teachers of Google.
Facilities and equipment at Mirasur International School in Spain
More than 15 000 sq.m. Sports facilities:
- Heated semi-Olympic swimming pool: 25 meters, 6 lanes
- Heated children's pool
- Football field with artificial turf, 6 courts for playing padel tennis
- Indoor Sports Complex
- Two multifunctional outdoor courts
- Sports club Mirasur with gym, indoor bike, tatami, multifunctional hall for group classes, 2000 sq.m. with technogym high-tech equipment.
Sports facilities occupy more than 15,000 sq.m.
Since 2013, the center has been operating a "1 on 1" program, in which students from the 3rd grade of primary education to the 2nd grade of secondary school receive a personal iPad, and from the 3rd grade to the 2nd year of undergraduate and vocational training - a personal Chromebook. Thus, digital skills are formed, the use of technology as a means of learning.
At Mirasur, the learning environment is an active part of education – in 2022-2023 it is planned to build new spaces for preschool students. The context in which students acquire skills and knowledge is of great importance: open spaces are also a learning tool. Each class will have its own access to them to conduct various training activities that open up new didactic and methodological possibilities. In addition, each plot will have its own access to the common playground.
There are three canteens: two for preschool education, one for children from 1 to 3 years old, another for children from 3 to 6 years old, the third - larger - for primary and secondary education.
Admission dates and extra charges
Tuition fees are made monthly for 10 months, from September to June, with the exception of payments for children 1-3 years old, which are made in 11 monthly payments from September to July.
Meals in the dining room – from 160€/month. (if not enabled).
- Padel tennis – from 36€/month.
- Basketball, football – from 42€/month.
- English – from 48€/month
Each request is considered individually.
The educational institution offers Open Days so that applicants can get acquainted with school life. At Mirasur, you can choose between a virtual or in-person visit to see the objects. You choose a date, and the admissions committee adapts to the needs of visitors, offering flexible dates and times. The team will talk about the training courses that interest you, about the projects and objects that best meet the needs of the child.
Once the dossier is completed, the family must email it to the person responsible for admissions + documents signed by the parents or legal guardians to the schools along with proof of payment of the non-refundable entry fee.
The responsible admissions committee will confirm receipt at the integrity check. After verifying the information, he will confirm the admission.
School management will conduct interviews with the family and the student himself to discuss social, emotional and learning development in more detail. This information will be taken into account when assigning the student to the appropriate group.
100% of students received a passing score in EvAu (University Access Assessment) in 2020 with an average score higher than "good".
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants and parents fill out a dossier, which includes:
- Identification of a minor for registration
- Family data
- Medical data and individual needs
- Academic reports (if required)
- Consent to image processing
- Personal Data Protection Policy
- Index of contractual services.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Mirasur International School in Spain
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.