Malta is a resort island: Europeans, Americans, Asians come here for rest and excursions to the historical monuments of the country. When choosing a place for sunbathing and swimming in the sea, pay attention to Golden Bay Beach - one of the cleanest, well equipped, with comfortable conditions for relaxation.
It is not recommended to relax on Golden Bay in winter: underwater streams are changeable and can carry to the open sea. However, in the winter it is cool and there are few people who want to swim, and lifeguards strictly observe the vacationers.
In summer, the weather is predictable, but in case of danger you will see a red flag raised by rescuers: if there are two red flags, you can’t enter the water. This rarely happens in summer, mostly calmly, there are almost no waves. The beach is sandy, but the first meters at the entrance to the sea are pebbles: take rubber shoes.
- The beach is wide and long, around untouched nature: beautiful landscapes, fabulous sunsets in the sea
- Near the beach there are cafes and shops: there are no problems with a snack or buying products
- It is possible to organize a picnic with a barbecue, but with a group of 25 people or more, coordinate the event with the local authorities
- There are enough locker rooms, umbrellas, sunbeds, showers on the beach
- In walking distance there is a car parking
- Hotels are built near the beach: you can rent a room or apartment for a family.
- On weekends and holidays, the beach is crowded, parking is often busy, and there may not be enough sunbeds and umbrellas
- If the wind blows from the sea, the water becomes cloudy, but not dirty.
A popular time for relaxing on the beach is evening: in the summer it will not be hot closer to 18 o’clock, and with the onset of night an incredibly beautiful sky with thousands of stars awaits you. The beach is convenient for families with children: the entrance to the sea is gentle, with a small initial depth.
You can get to Golden Bay from anywhere in the island: buses are regular, if you wish, you can rent a car.
- To save money, use the shower in the parking lot (it’s free), not on the beach
- Nearest public transport stop - Għajn Tuffieħa Bus Terminus
- It takes 75 minutes by bus from Valletta.