The Athenian private School
Description of The Athenian private School
- Established: in 1965
- Location: Danville, California, USA
- Age of students: 15-18
- Type of studying: mixed
- Type of accommodation: residence
- Language learning: English.
The prestigious private school is known for its strong comprehensive program - equally important here is attached to academic performance, intellectual and physical development, the formation of universal and aesthetic values.The school was founded by Dick Brown, who graduated from Yale University: it was he who put the Pericles of Athens principle of comprehensive education into the basis of school philosophy.
The educational institution prepares students for entering the university on high-quality programs of senior classes, because students have a difficult academic life that reflects the realities of American university life.According to statistics, 100% of school graduates go to selected higher education institutions for undergraduate programs. The number of students in the school is 300 people, among them 10% are foreign students.
The school has a developed system of mentoring, responsive and attentive attitude towards students. Teachers provide important support to students, actively assist them in identifying potential and ways to implement it.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in The Athenian private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students live in residences on campus in rooms for several people. For students organized boarding three meals and healthy snacks.
Activities The Athenian private School
More than 30 circles are organized for students, in which they can develop intellectually and physically, to realize themselves in creativity.
The following sports are available:
- Alpine and cross-country skiing
- American football
- Cross country
- Field hockey
- Great location in a beautiful area
- Nice friendly atmosphere
- A wide range of extracurricular activities
- Emphasis on inclusive development.
Facilities and equipment at The Athenian private School
Danville is a small town on the coast of San Francisco Bay. The school is located in a green park area near the famous mountain Diablo with perennial oak groves, 30 minutes from San Francisco. Thanks to the excellent location, students will be able to combine a quiet life in the countryside with a visit to a bustling city with lots of entertainment.
- Spacious classrooms
- Student residences for girls, boys, teachers
- Conference hall
- Robotics class
- Open pool
- Sport halls
- Fitness centers
- Administration building
- The gardens
- Playing fields
- Tennis courts and more.
Admission dates and extra charges
The cost of program includes accommodation and boarding meals.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Student essay
- High school will require SSAT and TOEFL testing
- Letters of recommendation from teachers in English and mathematics
- English Testing
- Information on student performance over the past two years
- Personal achievements: awards, medals, certificates.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about The Athenian private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.