Tarbiat Modares University
Description of Tarbiat Modares University
- Location: Tehran, Iran
- Year of foundation: 1982
- Language of instruction: Farsi (Persian), English
- Number of students: about 9500
- Type of training: mixed.
Tarbiat Modares University (TMU) is the only university in Iran for the training of teachers and professors. The university is also considered the first general educational institution in Iran. More than 9500 students are trained here in 169 master's programs, 129 areas of doctoral sciences.
Faculties of TMU:
- Humanities, Economics, Management
- Technical, engineering sciences
- Electrical, computer engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil, Environmental Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Art, architecture
- Basic sciences
- Biological sciences
- Mathematical sciences
- Natural Resources
- Marine Sciences
- Interdisciplinary sciences, technologies
- Jurisprudence, law.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tarbiat Modares University
Accommodation, meals, prices
University dormitories are located on campus. All students can live in them, but preference is given to foreign citizens.
Activities Tarbiat Modares University
The university organized committees on sports, creativity and social activity of students.
- TOP-3 best universities in Iran
- First in the ranking of Iranian scientific universities.
Facilities and equipment at Tarbiat Modares University
The Science and Technology Park in Tehran was launched in 2003 with the permission of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology. The organization owns two 60-hectare campuses in the northeast, the Shahid BaBai campus and the 4.8-hectare campus in the west, the Padjuhesh campus.
On the territory of the main campus there are six scientific incubators, the central Bureau. The Central Library of the University is one of the three selected by the Ministry of Science for the implementation of the National Documentation.
Under the leadership of TMU are:
- National Center for Research, Planning of Electrical Networks
- Research Center for Control, Surface Maintenance
- Iranian Center for Control, Performance Studies
- Center for Research and Development in the Field of Biotechnology
- Economic Research Institute
- Center for Studies of Religious Culture and Thinking
- Research centers: information technology, water management, African studies, environment, management, etc.
- Science and Technology Park
- TMU Noor International Branch
- Iranian-Syrian Farabi University – currently under construction in Syria.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year consists of two semesters, two sessions.
- Educational supplies: books, additional materials
- Meals, accommodation
- Health insurance
- Annual contributions.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Enrollment is carried out through university examinations of the national level (Concours), only the best applicants are allowed to study for most programs.
The minimum requirements for applicants to the magistracy are a bachelor's degree, transcripts of the courses taken. For those who want to study at doctoral programs - a master's degree, transcripts of courses.
Scholarships Tarbiat Modares University
Students can apply for a number of scholarships and financial assistance programs. With stable academic success, the student is paid state, national, university awards. For athletes, scientists, creative students prepared awards for merit.
Material assistance is also paid on the basis of emergency life situations.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Tarbiat Modares University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.