Home Language International Sweden
Description of Home Language International Sweden
- Location: Skane, Gothenburg, Stockholm, Sweden
- Founded: 1979
- Type of education: individual
- Type of accommodation: family (full board)
- Language of instruction: Swedish.
Founded in 1979, Home Language International has been offering 20-language family education language programs in more than 30 countries for over 40 years.
Students live and study in the teacher’s house, attend individual language lessons, eat, walk and spend leisure time with their family, continuing to use the language throughout their stay.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Home Language International Sweden
Accommodation, meals, prices
- Hospitable family atmosphere, cozy house
- Private room, home-cooked meals
- Incentive Activities
- Friendly host family.
Host families range from traditional - with two adults and one or more children - to single parent families, young couples without children, mature couples and people who live alone.
Activities Home Language International Sweden
Students can choose a number of excursions:
- Gamla Stan Old Town
- Nobel Museum
- Södermalm (hipster district)
- Stadsbiblioteket (Sweden's largest public library)
- Hötorget Square or Ostermalm Market
- Modern Art Museum
- Museum of the Middle Ages
- Museum of History
- Shop Norrmalm.
- Full immersion is the main HLI home teaching method; the only student will be able to speak Swedish before, during and after lessons.
- Teachers of Home Language International have higher education, teaching experience of at least 2 years and / or pedagogical qualifications (Tefl, Tesol, Celta, PGCE)
- Participants can choose 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 hours of individual lessons per week. The lessons are completely personalized, an experienced teacher will focus on what the student needs.
Admission dates and extra charges
Courses are held year-round, participants can book training at any convenient time (any Sunday), choose the duration of the course (minimum - 1 week).
- Preparation for the exam - 130 € / week.
- Studying a business, specialized dictionary - 130 € / week.
- Teacher training course - 130 € / week.
- Additional supervision - 150 € / week.
- Special diet - 150 € / week.
- Special needs - 150 € / week.
- Surcharge for staying at Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving - 150 € / week.
- Private bathroom - 190 € / week.
- VIP accommodation - 4000 € / week.
- Accommodation 5 * - double prices.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
HLI accepts students of any age and level of Swedishproficiency.
Scholarships Home Language International Sweden
The language school Home Language International offers discounts on various programs.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Home Language International Sweden
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.