Annually, the Philippines becomes more and more popular with international students: it is a cozy island country in the Pacific where students can combine language programs and beach holidays. The low cost of studying in the Philippines allows to keep a larhe flow of foreign students year-round - so the international environment speeds up the learning process of a foreign language. The Philippines is destroying the stereotype of the illiteracy and underdevelopment of Asian countries: the literacy rate of local residents is quite high, most of them are fluent in English, which creates favourable conditions for studying in the Philippines for foreign students and daily practice of a foreign language.
The Philippines has excellent conditions for staying: a warm climate, the sea, sandy beaches, developed infrastructure, opportunities for an active lifestyle, high quality of education.
Types of language programs, studying in the Philippines for international students
Depending on the level of preparation and the desired results for foreign students, the following programs are available:
- General English course
- Preparation for language exams: TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC
- English for professionals
- English for teachers
- Business English courses
Preparing for language exams: programs and fees for studying in the Philippines
For students pursuing the goal of passing a language exam, there are specialized courses where the curriculum includes not only theoretical and practical lessons, but also tips from teachers, what methods to apply for effective preparation for the exam, how to correctly perform the test assignments in order to get the maximum score. Types of programs and prices:
- TOEFL - from 980 $ / month
- IELTS - from 980 $ / week
- TOEIC - from 560 $ / week.
Getting education in the Philippines for international students
International language schools in the Philippines provide the best teachers for foreign students and make programs depending on:
- the level of student preparation
- desired results
- the amount of time a student is willing to spend on studying
The curriculum includes:
- learning grammar
- studying vocabulary
- development of communication skills
- correct pronunciation, accent correction
- development of written speech.
Features and means of teaching foreign students in the Philippines in language schools
With special attention, foreign teachers treat children's education: working with children always requires a lot of time, patience and high professionalism on the part of the teacher. With the youngest students, the training is carried out in a game in an easy and relaxed atmosphere, which allows the child to be fully involved in the learning process.
In the Philippines, children and adults are taught, even with insufficient command of the English language: the program is designed so that students receive a theoretical knowledge base and from the first days began to practice their skills. For advanced students, there are thematic courses, where the main emphasis is on the colloquial component of language learning. In the classroom, program participants discuss various topics, prepare presentations, read, compose dialogues, watch video materials, and listen to audio files.
Knowledge assessment system in the Philippines
When entering a language school in the Philippines, foreign students are tested by teachers for distribution by groups with an appropriate level of English language skills. At the end of the linguistic course, each student passes the final test, which determines the progress during studying, on the basis of which a confirmatory certificate is issued. Also during the course, teachers regularly monitor the progress of their students and, if necessary, adjust and change the methods of study, so that the education of children and adults in English is maximally productive.
Forms of studying in the language schools of the Philippines
Participants of language programs have the right to choose the form of training depending on the capabilities of the language center:
- group activities
- individual courses
Groups are small, usually 8-12 people, so that the teacher has the opportunity to pay attention to each student in the lesson, and during individual classes all attention is focused on one student who is engaged in private lessons with the teacher. The last method of studying is most effective if the student has certain gaps in knowledge, as this allows to quickly work out the weaknesses.
Leisure activities during a language program in the Philippines for foreign students
Language schools conduct not only classes, but also try to organize interesting and fascinating leisure for their students:
- sport in the open air
- beach holidays
- creative evenings.
TOP language schools in the Philippines, the cost of studying for international students
- EV Academy (Cebu) is a language school that uses CLT (Communicative Language Teaching) as its main teaching methodology. The school has official accreditation of the Philippine government, certificates of prestigious international organizations, confirming the high quality of the services provided. Types of programs: general course, preparation for TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, professional English, language course for teachers, business courses, academic English for students, tuition fees from $ 560 / week
- Genius English Proficiency Academy (Cebu) is a multinational language school that employs teachers from America, Australia, Canada and other countries. The school is located on the beach - near the beach and 3 swimming pools on the territory of the center, rooms with panoramic sea views. Tuition fees for language programs range from $ 400 / week
- SMEAG Global Education (Cebu) is the only certified British Consulate in the IELTS Testing and Learning Center. Types of programs available: TOEFL, IELTS, business English, ESL by Cambridge (general English course using materials from Cambridge University). The cost of studying is from $ 660 / week.