Prestigious universities in Germany offer study in advertising, PR and communications for international students. Bachelor's and Master's programs in advertising and PR teach how to promote, sell services to target customers. Students study effective communication, product promotion, sales, brand management, advertising, consumer behavior.
Foreign students come to study in Germany for a high-quality education, inexpensive and even free. The prestige of universities and their influence on the prospects of students make education in this country promising, opens up access to high-paying positions.
Studying advertising, PR, communications in Germany will allow you to develop advanced knowledge and skills necessary to start a career in marketing.
The best universities in Germany for advertising, PR, communications
The best universities in Germany with the study of advertising, PR, communications, which are among the top 350 universities in the world: Free University of Berlin and Cologne University . They are funded by the state, do not charge tuition fees.
Popular universities offering programs in advertising, PR in Germany:
- Macromedia University for Media and Communication offers an undergraduate course in Media and Communication Management. He will provide the theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary for success in an international media context. Basic courses in Media, Communication and Management will provide basic knowledge in the main career-oriented areas:
- brand management and advertising
- corporate communications and PR
- Internet and TV management.
The knowledge gained will allow you to flexibly and effectively work in a changing media landscape, a new digital economy. This undergraduate program is aimed at developing creativity, management skills. For students, it is possible to enroll after completing the Foundation program or the 1st year of an accredited university.
- UE University of Applied Sciences Europe offers the Digital Media and Marketing - Bachelor of Science Bachelor's program. The program includes the study of media management, marketing, communications of the future. From blockchain to virtual reality and artificial intelligence, media and marketing managers help shape future trends. UE has developed a degree that will provide the expertise that makes graduates competitive. By the time they graduate, students have the competencies and leadership qualities necessary to work internationally. They will be well versed in interfaces in business administration, economics, media, communication, management.
- Jacobs University offers a Global Economics and Management (GEM) program that explores many political, social and cultural forces. The program "Global Economics and Management" examines classic studies of business administration, economics in a global context, combines them with knowledge from political science, sociology, management. Students gain an interdisciplinary understanding of global economic issues with an emphasis on sustainable development and responsible leadership. The Bachelor's program in Global Economics and Management has received excellent results in the latest university rankings compiled by the Center for Higher Education (CHE).
- FHWS offers the Digital Marketing Marketing Communications program. The course includes the study of service marketing, product concepts, B2B and other aspects of marketing. The programs are conducted in German.
- New European College offers a Master of Business Management program specializing in digital marketing and communications, challenging students to study at a high academic level by combining case studies. The Digital Marketing and Communications specialization focuses on the impact of a rapidly changing connected world using the Internet, smartphones, apps, social media.
Language proficiency requirements
In some universities, the program is taught in English. The minimum scores required to prove proficiency in English at some of the most popular universities in Germany are:
- IELTS: 6.0 to 6.5
- TOEFL (iBT): 72 to 100
- PTE: 50 to 60.
Other popular universities, such as the Free University of Berlin and the GISMA Business School , teach advertising programs in German. Foreign students must demonstrate proficiency in German upon admission to universities:
- TestDaF with 4 or 5 levels in all four parts
- Telc C-1 Hochschule
- C 2-Zertifikat des Geothe-Instituts.
Employment Prospects for Graduates of Advertising Study Programs in Germany
The best companies hiring graduates of courses with the study of advertising, PR of German universities: Google, Microsoft, L'Oreal, Apple, HP, Nestle.
The average salary of a marketing graduate in Germany is usually around 53,000 euros per year. The average salary for advertising professionals in Germany is 16% higher than the average salary for all occupations. With work experience of 2 to 5 years, the salary of graduates of marketing departments in Germany increases by 32%, the change in salary also depends on the location and the area of the career.
Students with a master's degree earn 29% more than students with a bachelor's degree in marketing from German universities.
Germany is the fourth largest country for digital strategists with an average salary of 67,000 euros per year.