• Services
    • Services and prices
    • Immigration and citizenship
    • Scholarships
    • Tutoring and preparation for schools, universities abroad
  • Information
  • Partnership
    • Group travel
    • For teachers
    • Terms of partnership (for agents)
    • Instructions (for agents)
    • FAQ (for agents)
    • For schools
    • Educational fairs
    • Advertising
  • Contacts
2018-07-30 11:56:46

Study in Spain after the 8, 9, 10, 11 grades

Study in Spain after the 8, 9, 10, 11 grades

After 8-9 grades, most Spanish school students are preparing to receive a certificate of secondary education and passage of senior programs. Higher education in the country is highly prestigious, so university enrollment is a priority for most Spanish students: advance preparation, enhanced education, earning high scores in a certificate that will give an opportunity to study in a prestigious institution begins in advance.

In many private schools and colleges, students aged 14-15 can attend the GCSE course, so popular in the UK and highly regarded around the world. Students enrolled at GCSE after grade 8 study for 2 years, after grade 9 - year. GCSE certificate indicates the availability of high-quality secondary education, a high level of knowledge, self-discipline and independence.

Education in Spain after the 10th grade

At the age of 16-18 (after the end of the 10th grade), students usually enter the Spanish Bachillerato program, the national Program of the senior classes. Spanish Bachillerato can be considered as a complete secondary education or the first stage of professional education: it is not a university bachelor's degree, as it may seem, but an additional step in quality education. Education is usually designed for 3 years, and students are divided into groups according to the areas studied: humanitarian (social), exact sciences, science and technology. At the end of the program exams are taken and a certificate with graduation marks is obtained, which are taken into account upon admission to the chosen institution.

Many educational institutions of the country offer students who graduated from the 10th grade to pass the International Baccalaureate (IB) program. This course is recognized all over the world, so it will be especially useful if you are not fully determined with the priority country for higher education. The IB program is designed for 2 years (it is also possible to take an additional preparatory year - Pre-IB) and for students from 16 years.

There are schools in which you can choose a classic British model A-level. It is also designed for students 16 years and older. The basic course takes 2 years: at the first 4-5 selected subjects are studied, on the second only 3-4 from the former number, obligatory examinations are passed. There is a shortened program lasting 1 year, but if you are applying for a place, for example, in a prestigious universities of Great Britain, it is better to choose a classical two-year course, it is appreciated above.

Study in Spain after 11 grade

After the end of grade 11, students face the challenge of quality and effective preparation for Entering the university. For foreign students an excellent option will be Selectividad, for which students are admitted for 17 years. The course is designed for 29 weeks, its goal is to bring the student's level of knowledge to the level of the Spanish educational system. Like Spanish Bachillerato, there is a division in the specialties: the humanitarian and natural science group. Subjects are offered as compulsory (for example, Spanish and mathematics), and at the choice of the student himself. For foreign students the Selectividad course is primarily suitable for its intensive Spanish course (and you will definitely need it on admission), as well as a full adaptation to the local language and educational environment.

In some educational institutions of the country, students after the 11th grade can pass an International Foundation course, typical of English-speaking countries. The term of study is only a year, students from 17 years of age and older are admitted (a certificate of secondary education is required). But keep in mind if you are planning to enter the US or UK universities: some top universities do not recognize the Foundation program as sufficient and require more thorough pre-university preparation. Be sure to clarify this nuance in your chosen institution.

All articles
Your comment / review / question
There are no comments here yet
Your comment / review
If you have a question, write it, we will try to answer
* - Field is mandatory
Egor Eremeev
Current material has been prepared by Egor Eremeev
Education: Westminster University (Business & Management), London.
Egor studied and lived in the UK for 8 years and graduated from the university of Westminster. He is currently the co-founder and the director of business development at Smapse Education and personally visits foreign schools and universities, interviews students studying in those institutions.
Callback Online consultant
Напишите нам, мы онлайн!