In our time, studying abroad is a great opportunity to enter prestigious universities all over the world. Despite the fact that French educational programs are less known than British or American, this country is among TOP-10 countries offering the best education. France is known as one of the educational centers of Europe. Also in France you can find educational institutions that have a narrow specialization, which is interesting for students who have decided on their future specialization.
Education in France has several advantages:
- It gives an opportunity to continue education in the universities of France, the cost of teaching is rather pleasant and corresponds to the high level of education
- The price for secondary education is low compared to Switzerland, the United Kingdom or America
- The possibility of obtaining free education in public schools
- Students can be studied in English and simultaneously improve their knowledge of French in everyday life
- The educational system of France also has a long history and occupies a prestigious place in Europe
- An opportunity to study the ancient traditions and culture of the country.
Paris is the capital of France, a city famous for its history, culture, ancient traditions, interesting architecture and a huge number of attractions. Paris - a city in which it is impossible not to fall in love. Students will be able to visit the famous Eiffel Tower, enjoy a stroll through the old part of the city, find new friends from around the world at school.
Education in France has several major steps:
- Education in primary school (6-10 years)
- Secondary education includes education in college (11-14 years) and at the Lyceum (15-17 years)
- Higher education.
Note that in France, secondary education classes are considered in reverse order - the child begins to study in grade 6 and is graduated in 1.
Education after 8, 9, 10 class
After the 8th, 9th and 10th grades, foreign students, like French students, can enroll in a lyceum, which is the final stage of secondary education. Successful completion of the lyceum gives an opportunity to enter the national universities of France.
Before entering the Lyceum, students choose their future profession and, in accordance with it, enroll in one of the existing specialties. There are several kinds of French lyceums:
- General Education
The first 2 types presuppose further education at the chosen university. The course of study in a general education or technological lyceum is 3 years. It is worth remembering that students have the right to take exams only in accordance with the chosen specialization.
Completion of the lyceum is the receipt of the certificate of complete secondary education - Diplôme National du Brevet. The certificate indicates which direction the student has chosen:
- Natural Sciences
The educational program in the professional lyceum is 2 years. The end of such an educational institution does not provide an opportunity to continue education in the universities of France. After graduating from Lyceum, students receive a vocational educational certificate (indicating that the student has mastered a certain profession) or a certificate of general vocational education (shows that the graduate was studied to work in a certain field).
TOP-10 international schools in Paris for foreign students:
- American School in Paris (ASP)
- Cours Molière Private School
- British School in Paris
- International School of Paris (ISP)
- International Bilingual School
- Liceum / College of Honoré de Balzac
- School of Eurécole
- Saint-Germain-en-Laye International High School
- Marymount International School
- Lennen Bilingual School.
The price of tuition in schools in France can vary considerably depending on its type (private or public, boarding or not). On average, tuition fees range from 6,000 € to 12,000 €.
Education after 11 grade
After receiving a complete secondary education in their country, foreign students have the right to enter the universities of France with a certificate of the necessary level of knowledge of the French language.
The educational system of France offers several categories of higher education institutions:
- Higher Schools
- Specialized schools.
Higher schools are educational institutions that are designed for a small number of students and are usually aimed at the close work of teachers and students. Often such educational institutions provide highly specialized educational programs - teacher, engineering, business.
Specialized schools are designed to receive professions in such areas as theater art, journalism, cooking, applied and fine arts and much more.
The best universities in Paris in 2016:
- École Normale Superieure (ENS Paris)
- École Polytechnique (ParisTech)
- Université Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC)
- Institute for Policy Studies
- Université Paris-Sud 11
- University of Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne
- École des Ponts ParisTech
- Université Paris-Sorbonne - Paris IV
- Université Paris Diderot - Paris 7
- Université Paris Dauphine.