Requirements for admission depend on which program you are planning to enroll in.
For admission to boarding schools, the following package of documents is required:
- copy of 1 page of the passport
- extract of school grades for the last 2 years + for the current period
- letters of recommendation from teachers or tutors
- certificates, awards, personal achievements of the student (if any)
- motivation letter.
After reviewing the documents, schools are assigned internal testing and an introductory interview with the director / chairman of the admissions committee.
For admission to universities in Geneva, you need to decide in which language you want to study. Most of the country's universities require their applicants to complete 12 classes of secondary education. Accordingly, if you are planning to receive higher education in Geneva, you need to:
- or complete at least the last 2 grades of high school abroad (since the program of the last two grades is indivisible)
- or take an additional one-year preparation program for admission to a Swiss university.
After completing 12 classes of school, graduates enter universities. Universities in Switzerland are also divided into public and private.
- Studying at public universities in Switzerland for foreigners costs the same as for local students - about 2500 CHF per year.
- In private universities, education is conducted mainly in English. The cost of studying at private universities in Geneva for international students starts from 15,000 CHF per year.