Design and fashion are excellent creative specialties, the study of which is actively encouraged in Ireland. Since design and fashion cannot have clear boundaries, studying in these specialties is quite complex, but very interesting. Irish universities provide a lot of opportunities for the creative development of their students, thanks to which many foreign students come to Ireland every year who are ready to study in these areas.
Reasons to study in Ireland
- Cheaper than in England, but the quality is not lower
- Prosperous country, stable economy
- Business opportunities, personal freedom and continuous economic growth
- Highly qualified specialists
- A combination of tradition and progress.
The Creative University of Ireland, which offers a variety of programs - from short-term courses to diploma programs and undergraduate courses in all modern areas of design.
List of areas of study:
- 2D design, 3d design, web design
- Visual merchandising
- Graphic design, interior design, fashion design
- Fashion, stylist
- Procurement and supply chain management.
The most interesting program in this area is Creative Merchandising. During this course, you will learn the theory and basic skills of visual merchandising, gain practical knowledge in the field of retail advertising, understanding of brand image and consumer behavior in the context of the store.
Study topics covered include:
- The Role of the Visual Merchandiser in Retail
- Trends in visual merchandising and creative retail
- Concepts and ways of implementing ideas from the initial thought to the final form
- Basic Visual Merchandising Strategies for In-Store Demonstration
- Visual merchandising and styling products online
- Ability to plan and organize a retail event
- Practical and digital tools.
Popular among locals and foreigners, the university, which offers a lot of interesting programs in the field of fashion and design. The university is modern, well equipped.
Reasons to study at Griffith College Dublin
- Intercultural environment
- Wide range of programs
- Availability of internships
- Professional teachers and interesting curricula
- Small groups in the learning process and individual approach.
Main stages of the course:
- Creating a dynamic fashion collection
- Development of digital fashion design and visual communication skills
- Brand development, marketing and entrepreneurial skills
- "Live" industrial projects
- Exhibition of fashion graduates with awards for internship in the industry
Experienced teachers are practicing designers, clothing technologists, art historians, photographers, journalists, business and crafts specialists.
One of the most popular and classic areas of study in the field of fashion and design at the university is Fashion design. In this program you will study:
- Fashionable design
- Graphic design
- Clothing design
- Contextual fashion research, textile theory
- Culture and Design Theory, Futures Design
- Fashion in illustrations, brand and marketing
- Photography & Video
- Entrepreneurship and business
- Business planning for creatives.
Once you receive your Diploma in Fashion and Design in Ireland, you will be able to work as:
- Designer, photographer, illustrator
- Stylist, personal assistant models
- Visual merchandiser
- Brand Manager