Strate School of Design
Description of Strate School of Design
- Founded: 1993
- Location: Lyon and Paris, France
- Total number of students: about 1000, graduates already more than 1200 people
- Language of instruction: English, French.
The Strate School of Design is a private French technical university dedicated to the study of design, industrial design and 3D modeling. It was founded in 1993 by Jean-René Talopp, former director of the ESDI School of Design: it has been operating on the current campus since 2010, by its current name since 2014. The motto of the school is:"Making the world simple, fair, beautiful." Strate school of design is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education of France, the appropriate certifications for degrees.
Strate School of Design actively cooperates with several international partners, especially in master's programs, for example:
- ESTACA, Institut d'Optique Graduate School Paristech, Diderot Interdisciplinary Research Center (Paris) – Master in Interaction Design.
- Grenoble School of Management and Sciences Po Paris – double diploma in design and design management.
- The CPi (Conception de produit Innovant) project together with Centrale Supelec and the ESSEC business school: has been operating since 2005, has attracted more than 50 partner companies, completed more than 150 projects.
- International Association of Universities of Art and Design CUMULUS – for design courses.
Including with foreign educational institutions:
- CUT (South Africa)
- Holon Institute of Technology (Israel)
- Universite Laval (Spain)
- University of Johannesburg (South Africa)
- National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- Sapienza Rome University (Italy)
- ESCP Europe.
Many well-known companies offer students of the Strate school of design opportunities for internships, internships and education:
- Laval Virtual
- Estee Lauder
- Citroen and others.
Strate school of design works as an active participant in many research institutes and corporations:
- Institut Vedecom (sustainable and clean transport)
- Institut Carnot Telecom and Sociéte numerique
- Institut de recherche et d'innovation
- World Design Organization
- Studialis Group under the management of the galileo investment fund.
Since 2017, the EXALT Design Lab has been operating, the purpose of which is to increase the role and value of design in international business.
Highly regarded for its achievements in the field of transport design, it was named one of the best schools in the world in this area (cardesignnews.com). Included in the list of the best French Grand Ecole, offering design education, is in the top 60 in the world (according to Business Week), in the TOP-50 design schools in Europe (according to DOMUS).
In addition to the main campuses in the suburbs of Paris and in Lyon, Strate school of design in 2017 opened a branch in Singapore, in 2018 - in Bangalore (India).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Strate School of Design
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school cooperates with Thomasse's Bakery, which provides students with food: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, pastries can be bought at a very affordable price throughout the day.
Facilities and equipment at Strate School of Design
The campus in Sévre, a suburb of Paris, occupies about 3000 sq.m. This is a large, spacious four-storey building, which houses:
- 17 large classrooms for classes
- Lecture hall for 200 seats
- 4 Mac-equipped computer classes
- 5 profile workshops
- Machines Studio for creating models, prototypes, working with different types of materials
- FabLab with modern equipment (including 3D printer, laser cutter, engraver)
- Dining areas
- Areas for rest and communication.
The campus is located near Brimborion Park and Lake Seguin, where it is pleasant to walk, relax and play sports - there are various sports grounds, fields and tracks.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Only good school grades for enrollment will not be enough: Strate very carefully selects applicants, chooses those close to itself in spirit, dedication, vision of the world and design.
Requirements for applicants (applications are accepted until March):
- Completed form
- Resume (CV)
- Official Transcripts of Assessments
- Copies of diplomas
- 2 letters of recommendation (academic, professional)
- Certificate of English Proficiency (TOEFL from 88, IELTS from 6.0) for foreign students for whom English is not their native language
- Copy of passport/identity card.
For future masters - the same plus:
- Bachelor's degree: The field may not be related to design and art, but it is still desirable to have a related specialization.
All applicants are waiting for a personal interview.
Scholarships Strate School of Design
Students who wish to study at Strate but are unable to pay tuition can apply for one of the state scholarships.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Strate School of Design
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.