Description of Soonchunhyang University
- Established: 1978
- Location: Asan, Korea
- Language of instruction: English, Korean
- Number of students: 13,000
- Type: private.
Soonchunhyang University (SCH) was founded in 1978 by Sukk-Jo Su, a renowned Korean neurologist. The main principle of the educational institution is “Not a doctor, but God cures the disease. The doctor helps in the treatment process. ” Initially , Soonchunhyang University was founded as a medical university, but other areas were added in the process.
The university consists of colleges:
- Social sciences
- Natural sciences
- School of global business.
You can continue training in graduate school:
- Graduate School of Industrial Information
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Public Administration
- Graduate School of Global Management.
The university has 4 general hospitals in various cities of Korea, where students undergo practical training and internships. During the work, the hospital staff showed special qualifications in the field of pediatric neurology, psychology and cardiovascular surgery.
Soonchunhyang campus is famous for its fun environment: students can join various student clubs, sing karaoke, play sports and much more. The campus regularly hosts events, meetings, concerts.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Soonchunhyang University
- Qualified teaching staff: scientists, professors, current doctors were invited to teach students
- Large selection of specialties
- Opportunity to practice in one of the university hospitals
- Training of both senior and secondary medical personnel
- University Location
- Opportunity to transfer from another university with full or partial accreditation
- Students for whom Korean is not a native language should attend only 4 compulsory lessons per week in Korean, all the rest optional
- Graduates get jobs in such world-famous corporations as LG Electronics , Apple , Samsung , MotionPoint , etc.
Facilities and equipment at Soonchunhyang University
For the convenience of students, a university bus runs on campus.
Soonchunhyang University is famous for its library, which includes rare editions of both scientific and fiction. All students who get to the place of study by metro are allowed to take books with them to read on the road.
On the basis of the educational institution, there are:
- Higher School of Forensics. The main goal is to teach students theoretical and applied methods for solving crimes. Students in practice learn to combine physical, biomedical and social knowledge to evaluate physical evidence and human evidence.
- Biopharmaceutical Center for Human Resource Development.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Certificate of general secondary education (original and certified translation)
- Proof of knowledge of English or Korean (depending on the program)
- Motivation letter
- A valid visa.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Soonchunhyang University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.