Description of Sogang University
- Established: 1960
- Type: private higher education institution
- Location: Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Rating: 492
- Number of students: 9856
- Language of instruction: Korean, English.
Sogang University was opened in 1960 by the Society of Jesus and is a private higher education institution in South Korea. The education offered at the university is aimed at the formation of intellectuals with academic excellence and creativity, following the Jesuit tradition, which pursues the excellence of education. 9856 students study at Sogang University, 4% of whom are foreigners. The university ranks 11th in the national ranking, which positively affects its reputation among employers both in South Korea and around the world. The institution is part of the International Federation of Catholic Universities (IFCU) and the Association of Christian Universities and Colleges in Asia (ACUCA).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Sogang University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides students with the opportunity to live in a dormitory on campus.
- University scholarship programs allow you to cover part of the cost of tuition
- Sogang University is in the 5% of the best and most prestigious educational institutions in the world
- There are double degree programs with international colleges and universities.
Facilities and equipment at Sogang University
The university campus is located in the capital of South Korea - Seoul - and includes its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into semesters lasting 16 weeks each. You can start training in March or September.
- Entrance fee = 658 000 ₩ -1 145 000 ₩
- Student Association Fee = 14,000 ₩ -15,000 ₩
- Alumni membership fee = 50,000 000
- The cost of living in Seoul = 1,157,015 ₩ -1,800,830 ₩ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university, you must pass the entrance exams and provide a certificate of education.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Sogang University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.