Smith Stearns Tennis Academy
Description of Smith Stearns Tennis Academy
- Location: Hilton Head, USA
- Founded: 2002
- Students age: from 4 years
- Type of program: mixed
- Type of accommodation: residence (full board)
- Language of instruction: English.
Led by Stan Smith, the winner of many tennis tournaments, including the Grand Slam and the Davis Cup, and B.J. Sterns, Smith Stearns Tennis Academy is designed to educate future tennis players and the individual development of young players. The Academy is located in one of the best resorts in the country - The Sea Pines Resort on the island of Hilton Head, South Carolina.
The Academy was founded in 2002 to prepare young athletes for university, professional tennis competitions of the highest level. It promotes an atmosphere of family, intense work, camaraderie and fun. The Smith-Sterns approach speaks for itself: the school has raised many national and international champions, offering students one of the strongest college preparation programs in the country.
Highly qualified coaches work on an individual program with promising young people, helping them to reach their full potential as players. Living under the supervision of experienced teachers, an excellent academic program help students to develop further - as athletes, scientists, citizens.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Smith Stearns Tennis Academy
Accommodation, meals, prices
Smith Stearns provides accommodation in small residences: four houses, each for one team up to 30 people. Each house is under the constant supervision of teachers, reproduces the family atmosphere. The staff of the residence provides transport, monitors the things of students, prepares food.
Spacious houses have a common living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room, student bedrooms, and bathrooms. Students share bedrooms that they can decorate to their liking, and an adjoining bathroom. Each student has his own learning space; wireless internet is available throughout the house.
Pupils are provided with delicious home-cooked dishes, everyone has the opportunity to request their favorite dishes. The staff of the residences takes into account various requests for food, the needs of children with food allergies.
Activities Smith Stearns Tennis Academy
Smith Stearns Tennis Academy offers students a variety of social activities:
- Children 12 years and younger take part in a free half-hour excursion with dolphins.
- One free family photo shoot on the beach with certified professionals at Memory Lane Portraits.
- Eco-adventures, events for two at The Sea Pines Resort, Coastal Discovery Museum, historic Honey Horn.
- Free access for two guests to Harbor Town Lighthouse.
- Smith Stearns is proud of its world-class coaching staff, a family-friendly atmosphere, and the ability to tailor programs to individual student needs.
- The school provides year-round opportunities: technical and tactical education, match education, physical education, lectures on psychology and nutrition. Additional programs: consultations on nutrition, physical therapy, yoga, flexibility.
- Program and competitions help students find like-minded people who share similar sports and academic goals.
- Smith Stearns Tennis Academy is committed to helping young people become fully educated, responsible adults.
- Most graduates of the Academy receive a scholarship after admission to colleges and universities.
- Coaches help students with the preparation and development of strategies for tournaments: they attend most southern, national tournaments, all ITF events throughout the year.
- The educational institution offers a program of social events: trips to a shopping center, beach, cinema, pool parties, group trips to theme parks, tennis matches among students.
- The Academy is located in one of the best resorts in the country - The Sea Pines Resort on the island of Hilton Head, South Carolina.
Facilities and equipment at Smith Stearns Tennis Academy
The Academy is located in the world famous Sea Pines Resort on Hilton Head Island. The Sea Pines Resort is located on the south side of the island on a 5,000 acre oceanfront site. This quiet place to relax has been attracting tourists for over 50 years.
Sea Pines Resort offers many family and individual events, including a visit to the beach, a golf championship, tennis, bicycle paths. Program participants have unlimited use of The Sea Pines Resort fitness center equipment: 2 hours of free tennis per day at the Racquet Club The Sea Pines.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Monday-Friday - 8: 00-10: 00, 14: 00-17: 00
- Saturday - 8: 00-10: 00.
Full-time program schedule, guest courses:
- Monday-Friday - 8: 00-10: 00, 14: 30-17: 15
- Saturday - 8: 00-10: 00.
- School uniform - $ 400.
- Prepayment - $ 5000
- Deposit for a course/programme 5000 USD
- Uniform 400 USD
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The Academy accepts applicants of all skill levels - from beginners to the best international players. She holds a reception year-round, but it is recommended to apply until April 1 for the next school year, since the number of places is limited.
- Filled in the full registration form on the site
- Personal statement
- Letters of recommendation.
After receiving the application, students undergo an interview on campus and receive a notification of admission within two weeks after processing the application.
All international students must obtain an F-1 student visa.
Scholarships Smith Stearns Tennis Academy
Throughout the year, the school offers various discounts on individual courses.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Smith Stearns Tennis Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.