Renowned for its outstanding heritage and pioneering achievements, Shanghai University is located in one of the largest business centers in the world - in the heart of Shanghai. The university combines educational achievements with promising courses adapted to the latest advances in science, technology and culture.
Shanghai University is a member of the national project "Project 211", a complex research university. It has a clear and vibrant academic mission with forward-looking talent development goals, a global vision, and creative aspirations.
Shanghai University is known for active international exchanges and cooperation, it has established academic ties with dozens of foreign universities. Today, more than 3,000 international students study on the campuses of Shanghai University.
In addition to the traditional undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs, Shanghai University offers additional courses (18+ years):
Quick overview: The university offers about 70 undergraduate programs, among them in English:
There are three dormitories on the Baoshan campus: Building V, Z, W. All rooms are well furnished, staff in each building ensure security around the clock.
The historic campus has two dormitories, Building D and an international student apartment in Shenyuan. All rooms are well furnished and staff in each building provide security and assistance 24 hours a day.
Each room has air conditioning, shower, internet.
The university campus houses a library, a dormitory, a canteen, a gym and a small park.
The new campus, located in the northwest of Shanghai, about 15 km from the city center in the Bao Shan district, is distinguished by spacious territory and modern buildings, all conditions for leisure and leisure time on campus, including 3 football fields on the grass, 26 basketball courts, 18 volleyball courts, 16 tennis courts, swimming pool.
Shanghai University Library is divided into 3 parts. The Baoshan building has the main study rooms, the Yanchang part has the Wenhui library, and the Lianhe library is located in Jiading. The library offers 26 reading rooms with 3010 seats, 3 libraries with more than three million volumes, for example, more than 4600 serial publications with a lot of software: Elsevier, Ebscu, Kluwer, Academic Press. Since the main library is affiliated with the Shanghai Writers' Association, it has a meeting room for writers.
The educational institution has 11 research centers in sociology, linguistics and literature, mathematics, physics, engineering, materials science, metallurgy, electrical engineering and high technology.
Application deadline - January 30-June 30.
The academic year lasts 10 months and is divided into two semesters.
Requirements for international students:
Requirements for knowledge of the Chinese language:
Requirements for knowledge of English:
List of documents:
Every year the university awards scholarships to 130-170 students: for bachelors, masters, doctoral students, participants in language courses.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.