Description of Seokyeong University
- Established: 1947
- Type: private higher education institution
- Location: Seoul, Republic of Korea.
Seokyeong University (SKU) was founded in October 1947 as the Hanguk College, and in September 1992 it was renamed SKU. University educational programs are implemented in the following areas:
- Humanitarian sciences
- Natural Science and Technology
- Social Sciences, etc.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Seokyeong University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides a hostel to its students.
- The cost of living is 3,600,000 ₩ -4,800,000 ₩ / year.
- SKU students can apply for participation in international exchange programs and financial assistance from the university
- The university provides an opportunity to get a double diploma.
Facilities and equipment at Seokyeong University
SKU is located in Seoul, the capital of South Korea, and includes its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year.
- Entrance fee 60 000 ₩ -140 000 ₩
- Medical insurance 150 000 ₩ / year
- Deposit 5000 $
- Cost of living in Seoul $ 1,001-$ 1,558 / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- Get 3rd Grade Korean Competency Test (S-TOPIK)
- Complete Korean Language Learning Program (level 4)
- TOEIC 800 / TOEFL iBT 87
- Academic plan
- Education Documents + Applications
- A copy of a certificate issued by a foreign state for a student and parents equivalent to the family register
- Copy of family ID
- Copy of passport, visa and certificate of foreign registration
- Financial Opportunity Document
- 6 photos (3 × 4)
- Copy of the bank book in the name of an individual or guardian (foreign residents with an account available for operations in foreign currency)
- Medical insurance.
All documents are submitted in Korean and English. Documents in other languages must be translated by the Korean Embassy (or a notarized copy of the translation is provided).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Seokyeong University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.