University of Seoul
Description of University of Seoul
- Established: 1918
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Students age: from 17 years old
- Number of students: 11,227 people
- Language of instruction: Korean, English
- Type of study: state university.
Seoul University is a public university funded and supported by the Seoul Metropolitan Government. The nature of the university, the level of teachers, academic programs and research institutes are determined by the dynamics of the metropolitan city. UOS is a basic research think tank for formulating and supporting the main policy goals of the Seoul Metropolitan Government. With a variety of programs combining research, politics, practice, education, the university is at the top of the rankings of Korean universities.
Seoul is the economic, political and cultural center of Korea, a 600-year-old capital, a historic city with diverse social and cultural populations, a vast and complex landscape.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Seoul
Accommodation, meals, prices
University of Seoul offers international students hostel accommodation:
- Double rooms, shower room, toilet and laundry are shared.
- Single rooms, each block of 2-5 rooms, living room, shower room, toilet, laundry shared.
Students pay a deposit, which is returned after the end of the rental period.
Activities University of Seoul
The University encourages social engagement by offering an annual Community Service Award to educators who are committed to helping others.
The university has formed many political and cultural figures in South Korea.
- Seoul University, mainly funded by the state, has a culture of social engagement - students regularly participate in volunteer and social work. The main campus welfare center serves over 100,000 seniors and people with disabilities every year.
- Notable alumni: Ahn Cheol Su, founder of security software vendor Ahnlab; former UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, Prime Minister of Korea 1988 Lee Hyun Jae, former President of South Korea Kim Yong Sam, Minister of Foreign Affairs from 2008 to 2010 Yoo Myung Hwan. Graduates from the arts, academia, and culture include authors Yangji Lee, Kim Chi-Ha, Kim Seungok, filmmakers Jo Sung-hee, Jang Sung Woo and Min Kyu Dong, artists Oh Jong Eun and Lee Woofang, architects Kim Soo Geun and Min Hyun Sik and others.
- Seoul University annually awards alumni awards for excellence.
Facilities and equipment at University of Seoul
The campus of the university includes more than 220 buildings, with a total area of over 4 million square meters. There is an application to help students to navigate a huge campus.
The main library consists of reading rooms for 2,200 seats, contains almost 800,000 volumes of books, monographs, and reference materials. In the Main Library, a program was developed that allows users to access information about research resources, an integrated search system was created to facilitate access to multimedia data, e-books.
Admission dates and extra charges
In the meantime, there is no need to know about it. ”
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Applicants fill out an application online
- All documents must be translated into English / Korean and officially certified.
Requirements for knowledge of English for international students:
- IELTS - 5.5
- TOEFL - 80.
Scholarships University of Seoul
Scholarships for International Students:
- Fully covered scholarships are awarded to the top 10% of international undergraduate students based on their academic achievement.
- Scholarships covering 50% of tuition fees are awarded to 20% of the top international undergraduate students with high academic performance.
- Scholarships of 50-100% of the tuition fees are awarded to graduate students recommended by each faculty for academic merit.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Seoul
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.